MCD is in big trouble. May not exist in 5 years

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by hajimow, Apr 15, 2015.

1. And MCD real assets are the properties from which each franchise operates.
    The day MCD starts selling any of these , even one of these, then yep there will be evidence of troubles coming.

#181     Aug 20, 2015
  2. hajimow

hajimow

Some investors are jumping into utilities and dividend paying stocks as safe heaven. The reason that MCD has not dropped with the market is just that. Believe me the drop will happen but just with a short lag. Once things go down more, MCD will snap harder. Ex dividend date is Aug 28 so some dividend chasers are buying it before dividend (which is a big mistake). Once the dividend is paid, it will drop more than the dividend. By the way even if MCD comes up with an improving Q { that I am sure it will not happen}, the stock will drop { sell after the news} and will surprise the stock holders.

#182     Aug 21, 2015
  3. hajimow

hajimow

#183     Aug 21, 2015
  4. hajimow

hajimow

#184     Aug 21, 2015
  5. londonkid

londonkid

Mmm. I'm lovin it. I occasionally pop into a MacD if there is no alternative, its marginally better than not eating imo. It's mainly kids in there spending pocket money. There is definitely some sort of obesity awakening going on. Longer term macd has surely got to come under pressure unless they reinvent themselves to a mchealthy type style. The brand may be too toxic to adapt though.

#185     Aug 21, 2015
    hajimow likes this.
  6. Can you tell us more about your wishes and dreams of gloom and doom mindset?
    Nowdays it is becoming too easy to read mindsets! As if they've been
    programmed from birth about a gloom and doom mindset!!!
    And worse: they feel like it is their calling to advertise this type of mindset!
    Yawn!!!

[​IMG]

#186     Aug 21, 2015
  7. hajimow

hajimow

I also have wishes and dreams but I am conscious about them and they don't get mixed with the facts.

#187     Aug 21, 2015
  8. clacy

clacy

The fact is MCD has outperformed SPY by 6% since you started this thread.

#188     Aug 21, 2015
  9. hajimow

hajimow

Very true. Patience is the virtue. Rome was not built in one night.
    I shorted ADI at 65 to 68 and now I am buying it. I have a big patience and long term vision.

#189     Aug 21, 2015
  10. ironchef

ironchef

hajimow,

Not trying to give you a hard time but seems like you have been very negative on MCD since Dec. 2012 when MCD was at about $90. Since then it went below $90 only once? If you shorted MCD all these times and made money, I like to learn from you. Appreciate any words of wisdom you can offer.

I do eat at MCD once in a while and my impression visiting the stores is that there are some improvements in service and food quality lately. I like their breakfast menu and believe their business will improve if they go 24/7 with breakfast.

Regards,

#190     Aug 21, 2015