Martin Shkreli Keeps $45,000,000 In Etrade Account

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Fundlord, Jan 7, 2016.

1. What should he do? Stop producing altogether? Would not be a great harm to stop providing the drug?
    Also, he stated that those who couldn't not afford it would still be able to obtain it through other means.

#31     Jan 10, 2016
    marketsurfer likes this.
  2. dartmus

dartmus

He should have hired someone to manage everything for him. People who could have advised him he could expect what he got.

#32     Jan 10, 2016
  3. Chubbly

Chubbly

You mean the guy who sends threatening messages to 14 year old kids?

I am sure Bernie Madoff seemed like a nice guy as well.....

Last edited: Jan 10, 2016
    #33     Jan 10, 2016
  4. Chubbly

Chubbly

Yes, those other means are that a competitor has stepped in and offering it for $1 a pill, hence the reason Turing is now laying off people.

http://www.businessinsider.com/a-compound-pharma-company-is-making-a-daraprim-killer-2015-10

He was basically trying to screw insurance companies. He brought the unwanted attention of drug pricing into the spotlight and the wrath of legislators. He has killed the goose that laid the golden eggs

If he was actually smart he would have used the boiling frog method and just slowly upped the the price over a period of time.

#34     Jan 10, 2016
  5. The first thing real crooks need to do is fake to be a nice guy. Only nice guys can take advantage of people. If somebody is not nice his victims will be already on guard before the crook can act. If you look nice you can act by surprise. And at forums like ET you will even find people who will defend you. All big crooks were very neat and nice guys.

#35     Jan 10, 2016
    Occam and Ghost_of_Blotto like this.
  6. yep - it takes these complex schemes to explain it all.
    This is quite impressive and highlights the extreme intelligence of Mr. Shkreli.
    My big problem has been getting a handle on his last name......

#36     Jan 10, 2016
  7. benwm

benwm

Which posters defended you and turned out to be crooks?

#37     Jan 11, 2016
  8. My postings was maybe not correct. What I wanted to say is that for me Shkreli is a crook and there are people on ET who defend him.

#38     Jan 11, 2016
  9. benwm

benwm

Understood

#39     Jan 12, 2016
  10. Chubbly

Chubbly

#40     Jan 20, 2016