Marketsurfer says short shake shack

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by marketsurfer, Apr 25, 2015.

1. nursebee

nursebee

I was wondering if surf could get back in on the trade. Many could not. I'd be angry and not thinking straight. I'd still worry about lockup period manipulations.
    I wonder if emotions and pride are getting to him.
    I dont understand how it is "unwise" to not share performance figures and hope this gets explained. If the figures are good, it shows success with methods, that which is the yardstick I think we should all be measured.

If the figures are bad, it suggests the methods and any services sold, are not any good, and weakens the arguements made.

If they are truly unwise, then this is not understood.

As far as being too lazy to review 90% of trades over many years? Nah, I'm too smart, I ask the source. There is too much usesless data out there, I'm looking for reasons to listen.

As far as being on topic, this directly speaks to the credibility of the witness your honor (MAGNA) and needs consideration. Doing so in private thread is not possible do to the settings of the OP.

If there a speech to listen to, something in a public forum, I evaluate the subject matter presented, the qualifications of the presenter, and the applicability to my life. In essence, the internet and forums allow anyone to speak, to have a platform. On market related subjects it seems that many have something of interest. With time it becomes obvious that many on the pulpit do not offer anything of value. How to discern? By market returns for me.

There are many here that appear to have wisdom.
    There are many here that appear to be profitable.
    I just ask
    Nobody answers

#271     May 27, 2015
    dbphoenix likes this.
  2. zdreg

zdreg

even cramer can be right like a broken clock.

#272     May 27, 2015
  3. Holding shorts here-- this may be the meltdown we were expecting. Our new calculations are showing sub 25 within 52 weeks from today. time will tell.... good luck! surf

#273     May 27, 2015
  4. Since you are always requesting results from statistical testing on the methodologies of others, are you willing to provide this for the Price Drivers as well? #notroll

#274     May 27, 2015
  5. C'mon MS, $25 is a number picked out of thin air. Why not pick $10 or $40? Neither has any fundamental or statistical relevancy anyway...and you will cover LONG before $25 even if does get there.
    Good luck though, hope this works out better than the last short.

#275     May 27, 2015
    Chris Mac likes this.
  6. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Price drivers are RSI and MACD divergences which the OP is reading incorrectly. This is a WIND UP Thread.

#276     May 27, 2015
    dartmus likes this.
  7. nursebee

nursebee

what entertainment!

#277     May 27, 2015
  8. JTrades

JTrades

Actually not unreasonable to speculate based on personal experience of company.

I know of a successful position trader who will buy or short according to his wife's and her friends' opinions of whether a brand is in or out of favour. It's then a question of timing. (Although, not sure this works with recent IPOs.)

Last edited: May 27, 2015
    #278     May 27, 2015
  9. Chris Mac

Chris Mac

Yeah, good luck, because there is no skill or analysis there.
    Take profit at 74, 75 dollars (or to be more precise, trying to be square) ?
    No, wait (and pray) until 25 dollars....
    But trend is up, we are in a counter-trend, SHAKE could go above 100 dollars ...

CM

#279     May 27, 2015
  10. LOL, now its "could" --- your last post was much more certain. Just for some fun, are you willing to bet $50 to $500 that SHAK will hit $50.00 before $100 ? surf

#280     May 27, 2015