Marketsurfer Destroys The iWatch

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by marketsurfer, Mar 17, 2015.

1. d08

d08

Just because something is overpriced and uncompetitive, doesn't mean people won't buy it. Most Android phones today are superior in most ways to Apple while being considerably cheaper - often 50%. People still line up to pay double for the next iPhone featuring old tech.

But this is the definition of fashion accessories, which the iPhone very much is. Logic and practicality have nothing to do with it.

#21     Mar 20, 2015
  2. d08

d08

Bloomberg news was clearly wrong. Everyone who had a clue knew the iPhone was a revolutionary product. However people are still touting the iPhone as something amazing while it's clearly just another phone with uncompetitive pricing and very limited usage compared to Androids.
    This is not the case with the Apple Watch from what I've seen but I do suspect for NFC payments, watches will play a major role.

#22     Mar 20, 2015
  3. No doubt Apple has great and very intelligent designers. I love my iPhone, but i wouldnt want it strapped to my wrist. in this case they are wrong. Time will tell! Peace. Surf

#23     Mar 20, 2015
    RobertG likes this.
  4. S2007S

S2007S

So I was looking at articles to see the sales of smart watches throughout 2014 and samsung came in at the top with 1.2 million units, today I also read that there are predictions for 300,000 apple watches to be sold in 24 hours and over a 1,000,000 in one weekend....it baffles me how long smart watches have been out for and no one has really cared for them, apple comes out with one and the world is anticipating such an incredible lead once they start selling this weekend....so what samsung took a year to sell apple is going to do that in 48 hours? 1 million units???? There are predictions that apple will sell 40-50 MILLION watches in 2017....thats about 10X more than the amount of watches all 10 competitors sold throughout 2014...I could be very wrong, but the hype behind this apple watch is through the roof....I don't understand the hype behind this watch, the phone in your pocket can do 10 million things more...just another thing to keep you occupied and out of interaction with real life...

[​IMG]

#24     Apr 7, 2015
  5. Exactly! Apple will be HUMILIATED and SHAMED perhaps PERMANENTLY for this over hyped piece of junk. surf

#25     Apr 7, 2015
  6. S2007S

S2007S

Im not jumping to conclusions yet, but I think this weekend there will be enough watches sold to make apple headlines this weekend on many tech sites, Im sure it will be hyped up and sales will meet expectations or even beat expectations and the stock will probably bounce at least 2-3% on the news come Monday morning when markets open, so I'm leaning towards them selling enough units to surprise wall street to the upside, however long term I think its just a trend...the initial release of this watch will be solid but going out I think it will fade, will have to wait and see, as for anyone waiting in line and camping out for a watch I feel really sorry for them, I hope that isnt the case because if it is this society needs a real wake up call....

#26     Apr 7, 2015
  7. I disagree, but you are right, time will tell. There's just no energy in the air about this product--- even the apple fan boys I know are pretty apathetic about it--- but let's check back on Monday.

#27     Apr 7, 2015
  8. S2007S

S2007S

Found this in an article this, this was said by Kevin Lynch who heads up the project at apple,

Lynch says the key to the Apple watch is its ability to be unobtrusive - and to stop people constantly looking at their phones.

'We're so connected, kind of ever-presently, with technology now,' he said.

'People are carrying their phones with them and looking at the screen so much.'

So instead of looking at your phone for 8 hours a day you are going to be looking at a watch? This is a new society where everyone would rather interact with a phone than a real human being, just take a walk outside your local city, especially the big cities like Chicago, NYC, San Francisco, etc, about 75% people walking down the street are either listening to music, talking, texting or taking a selfie of themselves or some lame plate of food they just ordered up to show all their followers on instagram and facebook....

From this time on and since the invention of the smartphone everyone will still keep looking at their phones, that will never change.....

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...ts-predict-MILLION-weekend.html#ixzz3We8cmIOm
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

#28     Apr 7, 2015
  9. S2007S

S2007S

this week is the preorders and April 24th is the launch but will see what the pre orders look like, also hearing that all apple employees will be able to buy the watch at 50% off.....thats quite interesting...apple rarely lets employees take advantage of such a big discount on new product lines.....

#29     Apr 7, 2015
  10. interesting. they are so wrong, however!

#30     Apr 7, 2015