Mark D. Cook: SELL

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Babak, Aug 15, 2005.

1. coasting

coasting

Oh common, you gotta be kidding. "opposite sides of the argument"? Turn on your computer for an hour and test his nonsense. You don't need anyone else to tell you that his stuff will not give you an edge.

#71     Feb 5, 2006
  2. mhashe

mhashe

After reading up on Mark Cooks material I studied TICK and TIKI for months on my own and now use various variations extensively in my intraday trading. There is a definite "edge" there. For those who keep on attending expensive seminars and still keep on losing, the problem is yourself. Maybe it's time you realized that you just can't trade and need to move on to better things. Also its good to keep in mind, the sum of the parts is infinitely greater than each individual part.

#72     Feb 5, 2006
  3. Well, where to begin..I guess I can't trade, cause I've been a foor trader for 8 years prior to moving off floor, and still do this for a living, not in a dream. A man of Integrity?? You can ask all the ladies in his class about integrity. The man is a pervert to boot. Hell, ask his wife. To the guy who has attended his seminar,, have you ever followed his "monkey trade" for bonds?? Sheister is an accurate word for this guy. If you have never traded before and need someone to layout the basics, you can probably benefit from his class. But if you are looking for setups that work like he claims they do,,,quote"15/16 ths probability, YOU ARE WAISTING YOUR TIME" THIS GUY IS A JOKE!! GOODBYE TRAINEES,,, HAVE FUN IN YOUR TRADING LIFE!!! SPEND THE $3400.00 AND LET ME KNOW ABOUT YOUR BANKRUPTCY>>And that is my last word on the matter..Oh MHASHE>>>>screw you

#73     Feb 8, 2006
  4. ================
    DR;
    Havent attented his seminar$;
    found his mag articles & Jack Schwagers interview helpful.

Not sure how long ago you observed ''perversion'';
    but I am glad few know about my elementary educaion days.

AND thought his telling truth about nearly bankrupt after selling /size abuse in options an excellant warning also.

Also prefer charts myself ;
    but some CPA types like my CPA prefers numbers , not numbers/pictures on charts.:cool:

#74     Feb 8, 2006
  5. Having a bad day? Lost a bit of money? Need to take it out on someone?

#75     Feb 8, 2006
  6. runcible

runcible

Whoa. Doc doc doc, why all the emotion? makes you sound like a jilted lover or someone with a personal vendetta. hmmm. Interesting that you call him a sheister AND HE DOESN'T EVEN ADVERTISE. Anyway, this doesn't sound like the Mark Cook I know. I've been to his seminars (yes plural) and have taken his twice daily advisory for a while. I track his advisory trades and he has a very high percentage of winning trades ~80%. Even so, I would never follow him or any advisor blindly without using my own brain,, cause guess what? You can lose thousands of dollars trading! surprise surprise. Mark is the first one to tell you that setups are not most important thing that he's trying to teach you. Rather its discipline, having a trading plan, studying the market with it's nuances and how the particular market trades. That being said, I simply don't agree with you about the setups he teaches, But you have to use your brain and put them in context of the condition of the market at the time. The other students at the seminars I attended included money managers from literally around the world--which told me a lot about how much Cook is respected in the industry. As for intregrity--he's the most honest trader I know. He doesn't pull punches, he tells it like he sees it--and apparently makes some enemies because of it.

#76     Feb 9, 2006
  7. It's refreshing to see honest , constructive commentary, sounds like Cook is an honest guy, who emphasises the down side. There's a guy on TV who gets off his charter jet, and then takes a stretch limo to his subscribers house who brags about all the "kachingas" she made by winning on every trade. There are alot of great highly accurate Market advisors out there. I use one myself, the key is making sure they have a proven track record.

...Rennick out

#77     Feb 10, 2006
  8. I really get burned about waisting money. In a nutshell, don't piss down my back and tell me its raining. I have been to a number of big dog seminars over the years, Some were very worthwhile. Cooks isn't. I have been daytrading full time for around 15 years, and I am still doing it, so I guess that tells you something. It's pretty embarrassing for one of your students to know more about daytrading the index futures than the teacher. He didn't even know what a retracement was. Non of the 11 other students made money following his advisory service, forget about his setups. Of course, non of them ever made any money using his setups either. In fact they lost several thousands. One lost around 100 thousand with his advisory service. What a testimonial for a teacher. Now i might add that setups are very important if you are going to advertise 15/16th probability, as he did with me on the phone. You try running his tick or conjunction trade,, it's not good for even half that..And to the guy who thinks that setups are not important,,Let me ask you how you get into a market?? Throw a dart?? Money management is important but you shouldn't be in a market if you don't know why..He brags about his big monkey trade setup for bonds, yet when I got there early one day, he was just pulling out of an early trade on bonds,, didn't happen to tell us why he took that one. And to risk 5pts to make 2.5 is crazy. Think about it.. At 50% odds, you get killed, and he isn't even close to that. There were a couple hedge fund managers in my class too.. They left after the first day. You won't find him as a speaker anymore at a Traders expo or Tradestation conference anymore as finally the word has got out. If some of you are in love with him, good for you. I'm talking to the others that haven't been to his seminar and my message is this.... Don't waiste your time.

#78     Feb 13, 2006
  9. OK,already you convinced me, find out where his next seminar is. I'll tell some of the guys in my RV Investment Club and we'll take care of him. Watch the news for an RV full of half drunk old timers crashing through the meeting room at a Holiday Inn.

...Rennick out

#79     Feb 13, 2006
  10. ==============
    Believe Mark Cook is honest also, so few traders will share a loss of any size;
    much less the elephant size derivative loss Mark traded , worked/traded his way out.:cool:

Must say though I have never even looked to risk 5 points to make 2.5: also ;
    but with his experience, capital & aparently a HIGH % hit rate , certainly dont object to mr Cook trading that way.:D

#80     Feb 13, 2006