Machine Learning is the new C++

Discussion in 'App Development' started by xandman, May 28, 2015.

1. vanzandt

vanzandt

There's a first. :D

#71     Apr 5, 2017
  2. Zzzz1

Zzzz1

with @sle , yes indeed a first if I recall correctly ;-)

Its not so hard to disagree with you, though...kidding!!!

#72     Apr 5, 2017
  3. M.ST.

M.ST.

Volpunter getting a hard one while watching his failed AI project doing useless crap.
    [​IMG]

#73     Apr 5, 2017
  4. Seems like Deep Reinforcement Learning is the new thing in finance. Who knows if works though.

https://pit.ai/

#74     Mar 16, 2018
    fan27 likes this.
  5. fan27

fan27

Project sounds cool. They talk about automating idea generation which is something I am interested in. The design I have in my head is to be able to classify data sets/indicators and then the machine learning engine "knows" how to test the data sets/indicators based on the classifications. This would not be a deep learning implementation...more like semi-automated supervised learning.

#75     Mar 17, 2018
  6. Humpy

Humpy

I look forward to the next generation of Echo etc. that one can teach to trade by voice.

#76     Mar 17, 2018
  7. My biggest problem with all these models is hidden variables.

I guess that is why these strategies tend to be low risk/return strategies.

Oh well, always more to learn in this area.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
    #77     Mar 18, 2018
  8. Reading this book now.

ml.PNG

#78     Mar 18, 2018
  9. The problem with the unwashed is they hardly posses something past the intelligence of an infant human and are completely illiterate with respect to computers. Artificial intelligence for them is just as tangible as the healing power of homeopathic herbal remedies. It's all marketing and they will buy it... I've noticed that recently every fucking phone is "AI" enabled... jeezus f***in christ.

#79     Mar 20, 2018
  10. I don't read books. But there are some great video course such as Fast.ai Deeplearning.ai and Sentdex that can teach you a great deal about DL.

Sentdex also has great stuff on general ML.

#80     Mar 21, 2018