Looks like Victor Niederhoffer blew up again

Discussion in 'Trading' started by VictorBustoAgain, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Thanks Jem. Are you one of the chosen and gifted souls listed on the left hand column of that insightful blog?

I think you meant to link to this post:
    http://www.dailyspeculations.com/wordpress/?p=9249

#11     Apr 10, 2014
  2. The 3 generations thing is interesting. In the UK, I think there is a saying that goes "from clogs to clogs in three generations." I remembered when I visited my Chinese friend in college and was talking to his family when his dad said there was an ancient Chinese idiom,"Wealth does not pass 3 generations".

#12     Apr 10, 2014
  3. nothing about this on the site, but this is probably new. Wonder if there's any connection?

[​IMG]

#13     Apr 10, 2014
  4. jem

jem

Not me. I no longer trade full time.

My edge dminishing and getting married and having 4 kids was not consistent with my being able trade for a living with the size account I had.
    Once I stopped being significantly profitable I ceased blogging about trading. (that was a long time ago probably predating the word blog.)

I looked up helmholtz... with such a fondness for esoterica, i must presume you are one of the chosen and gifted souls in the left hand column.

#14     Apr 10, 2014
  5. JamesL

JamesL

#15     Apr 10, 2014

6. "A Helmholtz resonator or Helmholtz oscillator is a container of gas (usually air) with an open hole..." Yep. That's him!

Interesting...isn't Taleb the "Anti-Vic?" You go, S!!!

[​IMG]

#16     Apr 10, 2014
  7. Thanks for posting this. It's very humbling to watch.

#17     Apr 10, 2014
  8. His brother Roy is worth ~$400MM.

#18     Apr 10, 2014

9. Tale b is an a**shole. I've known the guy since 2000.

[​IMG]

#19     Apr 10, 2014
  10. volente_00

volente_00

what happened to billionaire ?

:D

How and the hell do you blow up on a 3.5% market down move ?

I assume he was naked short puts but to blow up he had to be leveraged way beyond reality.

#20     Apr 10, 2014