Looking for trading space in NYC

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by John, Feb 7, 2014.

1. Keep me posted, I live in Upper West Side, NYC around 70th str.

If anybody wants to hook up, just let me know.

#11     Feb 8, 2014
  2. John

John

We'll do.

Anyone else in the NYC area interested in this and sick of trading on your own ?

#12     Feb 8, 2014
  3. hoffmanw

hoffmanw

Maybe you guys should check out this co-work share space:

Sunshine Noho
    419 Lafayette
    Manhattan NY (near Washington Square Park, NYU)

http://sunshineny.com/

I heard there is a lot of independent traders there.

#13     Feb 8, 2014
  4. Thanks Hoffman,

But really, look at that space :

this is their dedicated workspace :

[​IMG]

and this is their 'full' dedicated office:

[​IMG]

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#14     Feb 8, 2014
  5. John

John

Still looking...

#15     Feb 11, 2014
  6. zdreg

zdreg

it is not legal. at most u can have a separate space. if u have any doubts a compliance officer will tell u the same.

#16     Feb 11, 2014
  7. I used to rent space at Green Desk in Dumbo, Brooklyn.

I liked them, no frills, lockable office space for $450 a month and the internet worked fine, there was a guy there that ran a small fund by himself also.

I trade from home now and have been doing it for 5 years but it has been getting boring and I am looking to move back to the Green Desk in Williamsburg. But I don't see how sharing a space with other traders would be beneficial especially if you are trading Price Action trading which I do as well.

http://www.green-desk.com/

#17     Feb 11, 2014
  8. I agree, it would be like essentially paying $450/month to be around others for company or friendship. Which is fine if that is essential for one's mental health.

#18     Feb 18, 2014
  9. You cannot be in the facility of a trade desk unless you are U4'd with the firm. Otherwise you are not allowed to be present in that office and trade.

At least that's to my understanding.

#19     Feb 18, 2014
  10. Bumping this thread.

Anyone still interested in getting space?

My partner and I are looking.... We trade a managed account together so need to be in ths same place.

These regus type places all suck... It's either a grand a month for a closet or 750 for a desk and none of them offer anything remotely attractive to a trader. No tv, no squawk, marginal Internet. But hey, you can send all the faxes you want, though I understand that using all that conference room time for stripper shows is frowned upon.

I'm also on the uws in the 70s for that one reply and we trade FX.

Thanks.

#20     Apr 5, 2014