Looking for a partner for automatic trading

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Riks, Apr 8, 2024.

1. Riks

Riks

Hi all,

I am looking for a trader from Western Europe (a priority, since I expect not only remote interaction, but will also consider offers from the USA, Canada, Australia) interested in the joint development of an automatic trading system. Priority is given to traders registered on this portal >10 years ago.
    I have been developing an automatic trading system since 2004. I started working 20 years ago using the Oanda API, the Esignal data provider using DDE technology (there was complete automation of data uploading through programming keystroke events and mouse buttons without human intervention). Around 2006, I abandoned the Oanda API and switched to the IB API in terms of the availability of much more tools for trading in IB at that time and the cost of trading. All developments at Oanda were transferred to the IB API, but with IB I began developing a system for trading futures contracts of currency pairs and commodities. Over time, I switched to forex instruments (currently CFDs in IB) and shares. At the moment there is a large automatic trading system without human intervention (only the weekly launch of TWS, taking into account mandatory two-factor authentication is required) starting from uploading data in real mode, on several servers from several different TWS (currently the system works with 3 instances of TWS), to if one data source is disconnected, there is a switch to another, data filtering (data is filtered using mathematical analysis in terms of “defective” ticks), synchronization (merging) of ticks from three data sources (InteractiveBrokers has a problem with data quality in real mode, on three Different TWS may receive slightly different data; as a result, ticks from three sources per unit of time are analyzed and the optimal one is selected), data preparation to reduce the load and volume for trading algorithms. Trading applications operate in automatic mode, there are options for automatic start, stop, notification to the phone about all events, balance control, automatic transition to summer/winter time, exclusion of holidays and weekends, etc. To minimize the load on the server (and from the point of view of a large number of ticks), there is a special module for caching the necessary ticks, and outdated and irrelevant data is transferred to auxiliary database tables, which are accessed when necessary. On weekends, data for the week is downloaded through history (in case of force majeure during the week), as well as automatic archiving of the state of the entire system (applications, settings, database) to several backup servers for quick recovery in the event of a breakdown, shutdown, or other force majeure. There is an archive of data with the system development process including source code, ticks, trading results and etc. for the entire time since 2004, from which you can study the process, dynamics and progress of development. Back in the day, reverse testing applications were written. The system works with a MySQL database, C++ code, the load on not the most powerful servers is up to 10-15%, even during “rush hours” when there is news or some events occur on the stock exchanges. The results at the moment are a stable plus for currency pairs over the past year, even on small volumes (even when trading 1 lot for 20,000-35,000 units, depending on the pair, taking into account the commission for entering/exiting a transaction of about $4).
    This is brief, I'll tell you more detailed information in personal communication.

2. PPC

PPC

If you want a want a partner for automatic trading, then you either:
    • want someone to help you become profitable
    • or you must be feeling lonely. :D

3. Riks

Riks

If you have questions, it would be better to write in PM

4. DaveV

DaveV

I also don't understand why you need a partner for a fully automated trading system. You also haven't said what you expect the partner to either provide (capital?) or do (programming, trading, testing?).

5. Riks

Riks

It's aproppriate question. First of all, I need investment from a partner (for trading + conditions from a partner for installing 3 servers with UPS and a reliable Internet connection, or as an option, renting dedicated servers - one of the reasons why I consider people living in Western Europe, the USA, Canada), but in the future, you may need help with programming - there is a lot of code, I am using a fairly old version of the IB API, there is a lot I want to upgrade, port to the latest versions of the API - but this is in the future, at the moment the system is working. Programming, installation, configuration, technical supports are my tasks right now, which I have been doing for 20 years.

6. Obvious red flags.

1. You call it automatic instead of automated like it was a washing machine.
    2. You have been trading for 20 years.
    3. You are looking for money.
    4. Then you are looking for a free developer to fix some code that doesn't work. Assuming that you have such code and you are not just looking for money.

semperfrosty likes this.
  7. poopy

poopy

Dude, paragraphs.

HobbyTrading, nbbo, rb7 and 3 others like this.
  8. Riks

Riks

Ok, got it.

Is this a real problem for you?
    I have patiently studied and developed trading methods and algorithms for more than 20 years and the behavior of specific instruments. Designed and developed a generally stable automated system and applications, tested, fixed bugs...
    Yes, I can now write a scientific dissertation on the topic of trading automation methods, but I wrote what interests me at the moment.
    It's cool if you have everything and it works and you do it not in 20 years, but in a week or a month and then you don't need to upgrade, fix or improve anything, just watch how your balance increases...
    Unfortunately, it’s different for me. I see that everything is changing and everything constantly needs to be modernized, adjusted and improved.

Your money will be with you in your IB account, I do not ask you to transfer it to me, as well as give me access to two-factor authorization.
    You have drawn the wrong conclusion. I don’t need a developer, I’m a programmer myself and no one can figure all this out without my help (to some extent this is insurance for me), in this case I’m not writing open code. Everything works, if bugs are found, they will be fixed by me, but in the future help will not be superfluous. The system is very large, there is a lot of code. I would like to believe that you are the person who has no bugs in any application or device (smartphone, car, washing machine) (not only those developed by you, but, for example, by giants like Apple or Tesla...).
    And I repeat, if it is not clear from my first post, it is possible to observe the work remotely in real mode, as well as launch the system on your paper account “on the site” of a partner.

Please, if you have any questions, write to PM. I have already answered in detail to one user who asked a lot of sensible questions, so you don’t have to wait long for detailed answers, many of them are already ready.

9. Do you have any repository that we could look at?

10. Riks

Riks

"we could look at"
    Who are "we"?
    Of course I will give remote access, but definitely not to everyone, but to those with whom I negotiate. I've already said this:

#10     Apr 9, 2024