Linda Raschke’s 12 Technical Trading Rules

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by Chuck Krug, Sep 3, 2015.

1. qxr1011

qxr1011

another variation of buy low sell high
    useless rules imho because that can not a substitute the method

if that's all what she has she will be through in a month trading intraday her own money....

#31     Sep 9, 2015
  2. Visaria

Visaria

PMSL!!!

#32     Sep 11, 2015
  3. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

She could be smart enough not to apply some rules in certain market conditions and apply others in certain market conditions.

She's been around the block long enough than most...I' sure she's not applying any particular rule to every market condition that shows up.

Reminder, those rules are not trade signals. She has trade signals that she uses in combo with those rules as do other traders that uses them.

#33     Sep 11, 2015
  4. qxr1011

qxr1011

ok, lets leave her a lone (along with the block she was around (half of wall street was around the block - so what ?) , but rules r useless, for traders at least

#34     Sep 13, 2015
  5. RedDuke

RedDuke

Why? Is it easy to implement them? Hell, no. But the framework does work.

#35     Sep 14, 2015
  6. qxr1011

qxr1011

there is no framework there: just some ideas that should not be called rules since they luck specificity

"buy low sell high" is an idea as well...

the idea may be behind the rule, but it is never its substitution

#36     Sep 14, 2015
  7. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Ok, I get it. You used them with your trade method and it didn't work for you.

In contrast, as stated earlier...I've been using one of the rules listed for a very long time and it works well with my trade method. Regardless, like I said, most of the rules she did not designed. They were here before she became a trader.

Markets been here a long time...it didn't start the day she became a trader. Some folks like to attach something to someone when the hear something they've never heard before. That's why some say they are her rules...they never heard it before and assume when they first heard her say it...its her rules.

Anyways, they are GENERAL rules. You still need a trade method and context to apply them within.

Works for some and does not work for others...that's normal because they are subjective rules (generalities).

#37     Sep 14, 2015
  8. qxr1011

qxr1011

again rules are something specific generalities are not

buy low sell high - is generality because it does not give you specificity of determining what is low enough to enter the position and what is high enough to exit it

she uses words like weakness strength etc., etc - these are general words..

rule on the other hand defines what is weakness what is strength

etc etc..

it's her ideas..., if she relies solely on them then she does not know how to trade (and i do not care how many time she was around the block :) )

if she has rules, then its something else, not what is shown in the original post

#38     Sep 14, 2015
  9. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

I have to disagree...to me they are subjective and generalities as I stated before.

Regardless, I've seen them (these rules) before she wrote about them and she does NOT rely soley on them. One of the rules is actually an old Japanese market saying from Rice futures back in the 1800s...I'll let you try to figure which rule is that. o_O

As to her trade methods...they have not been discussed in this thread. Therefore, without that information about the specifics of her trade methods...these rules are just subjective. Simply, use them with your trade method anyway you want. :D

Yet, if you want to use these rules with the same trade method like her, please contact her about such because I don't think anyone here knows her trade methods.

#39     Sep 14, 2015