Lesbian Houston Mayor Goes After Churches

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Oct 15, 2014.

1. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

As opposed to pulling the "Republican" lever without any thinking? Surely that doesn't happen.

Surely.

#11     Oct 15, 2014
  2. jem

jem

I don't really give a shit she is a lesbian - its her policies that are Un American. Going after churches and their pastor's sermons? Who does she think she is? an IRS official with marching orders from somewhere on a missing hard drive?

#12     Oct 15, 2014
  3. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

I will agree with you that there are also Republicans who do straight ticket voting.

This is a practice that should be banned and is only currently allowed currently in 14 states.

The reason to ban straight ticket voting has nothing to do with Democrat vs. Republican. The problem is that a large percentage of straight ticket voters fail to vote in non-party affiliated elections (e.g. for judges, etc.) and non-candidate initiatives (bond votes, state amendments, etc.) at the bottom of their ballot. Straight ticket voting causes a significant reduction in proper electoral representation.

#13     Oct 15, 2014
  4. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

And yet you spoke only of Democratic straight-ticket voting.

See what I mean about prejudice influencing perception?

Probably not.

#14     Oct 15, 2014
  5. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

We were talking about what destroyed Houston. Electing very left wing Democratic candidates focused on "diversity" as their issue instead of getting Houston back in proper economic order again is the root cause of the problem - driven in part by local Democratic straight line voting. This is not about prejudice twisting the perception of the city, it is about the unfortunate - and tragic - reality facing Houston.

#15     Oct 15, 2014
  6. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Houston's destroyed?

Do they know?

#16     Oct 15, 2014
  7. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Sadly they do.... why don't you go visit and check it out. It will remind you of Detroit.

#17     Oct 15, 2014
  8. Ricter

Ricter

I'll be darned, I was just exchanging emails with an employee in our Houston facility. No mention of the destruction there, the shop is still booked to capacity, for months! I better write him back and tell him we'll have to outsource all Houston manufacturing. ; )

#18     Oct 15, 2014
  9. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

And it all happened in only a year. Fancy that.

#19     Oct 15, 2014
  10. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

You better rush to do that... You may want to consider Detroit, it is a far better and safer location.

#20     Oct 15, 2014