jasinhbca's quest for discipline, knowledge & profits

Discussion in 'Journals' started by jas_in_hbca, Nov 16, 2010.

1. Got it. Thanks for keeping me honest. ;)

#931     Oct 22, 2014
  2. I know why I missed that trade yesterday. It's because I missed an entry signal a few minutes prior. I have a habit of passing on continuation entries after I miss an entry. Maybe it feels like chasing, maybe it feels too late, IDK and doesn't matter. I do know I do this and I need to remember to let go and re-focus.

#932     Oct 23, 2014
  3. Redneck

Redneck

See if I'm understanding

First an aside

Good trades usually come with multiple signals - but that doesn't mean they can't puke

=====================

You..., for whatever reason.., missed the initial signal..., then a subsequent signal materialize

If the initial signal taken - you'd place your stop accordingly (just behind it)

However

If the 2nd / 3rd signal is taken - would you adjust the stop placement accordingly... (just behind the 2nd or 3rd signal..., depending on which you took)

Or would you still place the stop just behind the initial signal

You said yesterday "within the context" - which is what I take this to mean - stop would still need to go just behind the initial signal

=================

Now this is not a straight forward as it appears

The bigger question - where is "this" trade invalidated - not the initial signal's trade..., but the trade you're contemplating taking right now

Just behind the initial signal..., or somewhere else

===============

It could very well be - that you would be chasing - and increasing risk - by doing so

or

It could be the PA has evolved into an somewhat different trade - and placing the stop to just behind the 2nd..., or 3rd signal (depending upon which you entered) is appropriate

===========

This really needs thought through before making a blanket decision on how to proceed - imo

Letting this one go - may be the right answer - as much as we may not like it

What you thinkin

RN

Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
    #933     Oct 23, 2014
  4. I prefer closer stops and a re-entry if needed. Thus I would place the stop based on the second signal which, in this example a short, would be below the stop of the prior signal.

==============

My discipline taking trades was good today. Even the 'uncomfortable' ones felt fine. Exits not disciplined enough. The uncomfortableness (that a word ?) in holding needs improvement.

+. 50 today

#934     Oct 23, 2014
  5. Since we're just sitting waiting for the close, my trades so far.

Not many opportunities for my set ups. Good discipline and always picking up a little more PA knowledge.

+5.00

#935     Oct 24, 2014
  6. Redneck

Redneck

:)

RN

#936     Oct 24, 2014
  7. Redneck

Redneck

Be sure to mentally prep tonight

RN

#937     Oct 26, 2014
  8. Yep, thanks. Still hard to getting trading off the mind. Been thinking good thoughts and mentally reviewing set ups today. Patience, execute, manage. WRR

I'm just there to trade the plan

#938     Oct 26, 2014
  9. slugar

slugar

Go get em tomorrow jas!

#939     Oct 26, 2014
  10. Thanks, slugar. And you as well !

#940     Oct 26, 2014