jasinhbca's quest for discipline, knowledge & profits

Discussion in 'Journals' started by jas_in_hbca, Nov 16, 2010.

1. Redneck

Redneck

2. I was very patient and calm today as I exited trades on normal pullbacks. Sheesh..

Loved my entries though.

Aiming for a bit more improvement tomorrow.

#902     Sep 29, 2014
  3. Finally a good day. Made up for yesterday + some. I still don't understand why i take out of plan trades. Yesterday I was doing exact opposite of what I should have. I have to remember to anticipate at key areas rather than try to react. The increase in volatility threw me off a little too. But I like it.

I keep re-learning that when I'm patient and take the proper set up and context then I have a good chance at being profitable.

This was one of my best trades. Good patience on the normal pullbacks

#903     Oct 2, 2014
  4. Redneck

Redneck

I think you do

RN

#904     Oct 2, 2014
  5. Redneck

Redneck

To continue…

You have the knowledge

You have the skill

You have the tools

You have the signals

You have the ability to make a plan for each trade – and follow it – at times

Only thing you do not yet possess - ?

========================

Aside;

The guy I’ve come to know…, wants this pretty bad – has…, and continues.., to work his ass off for it

========================

I assume you saw what I last posted in Slugar’s Journal – about routine

Emotional maturity -> discipline -> willingness to follow the routine

Time to leave the old ways behind J – they simply do not work when trading - other than sporadically

It sucks..., but it is necessary

From the heart

RN

#905     Oct 2, 2014
  6. Thanks RN . I will be studying 'me' this weekend.

Got in late today and took no trades.

+20.75 pts for the week.

My win rate is too low due to out of plan trades and my profits are too low from not taking enough valid set ups.

Got some thinking to do and some discipline to acquire.

#906     Oct 3, 2014
  7. Redneck

Redneck

Tomorrow..., and beyond

The routine of – getting one’s head straight / centered (preparation)

The routine of – consistently creating context (more preparation)

The routine of – sitting patiently while waiting for / identifying – one’s signal(s)

The routine of – taking every signal / creating a trade plan for said signal – then following that plan to fruition

The routine of – managing (controlling) each losing trade

The routine of – taking singles…, sometimes.., maybe.., a double

The routine of – grinding it out each and every day

================

Trade well - screw the outcome

RN

#907     Oct 5, 2014
    Zzoom likes this.
  8. exactly RN.

There are no more ah-ha moments I need. it's time to stop trying to be a trader and just Be a trader.

#908     Oct 6, 2014
  9. Redneck

Redneck

Yup

RN

#909     Oct 6, 2014
  10. A trader told me the other day via PM that I am personalizing this process of learning and trading. That I am not my method.

I suppose I knew this but the message that I am not my method makes sense to me now in a way it never had before.

My first response when hearing I am not my method was my ego saying how do I get credit for making money ? Me , my ego, has spent a pretty fair amount of hours studying and writing a plan. The future success I have is because of that plan. There ya go, Ego . Congrats you wrote a plan that works. Meanwhile I need to be the calm, objective operator of that plan. It's one of those subtle mind shifts that make a difference.

I've noticed some improvement by thinking this way. I'm more aware of remembering to just be the operator. It seems a bit less stressful and detached. Still lots of room for improvement. I'm better on the entries than the management still. Overall, optimistic about my plan and my ability to develop the ability to execute it.

Slightly positive this week. 5.25 pts Not exactly pleased with that. The operator is still learning his job.

Leaving tomorrow for my annual guys trip to Cabo. Which due to hurricane Odile was hastily re-planned and re-booked to Puerto Vallarta.

Back in the States next Tuesday. Trading maybe next Thursday.

#910     Oct 8, 2014