jasinhbca's quest for discipline, knowledge & profits

Discussion in 'Journals' started by jas_in_hbca, Nov 16, 2010.

1. Redneck

Redneck

In keeping with the pertinent video theme

Intuition vs Reasoning

Additionally; at the 12:30 mark.., it addresses trading - and makes a good case for; when one works let it...., when one breaks down - take the small loss and move on

However don't lose perspective of the whole topic - intuition vs reasoning - for this one tidbit

RN

#1891     Sep 6, 2015
    Hooti and jas_in_hbca like this.
  2. the bit at about around 20:00 about anchoring is very interesting too

I've had that book on the shelf for awhile and still haven't read it. Soon hopefully.

Now, gotta mow the lawn...

jas

#1892     Sep 6, 2015
  3. Redneck

Redneck

J,

Certain many heading into work tomorrow will be hungover..., mentally lethargic..., brain dead

I'm also certain..., there will be a few..., mentally sharp..., ready to exploit opportunities presented

Best we ensure we're part of the few

Take the necessary time today to level set...., mentally prepare

=================

Last couple weeks been tough - till it changes..., no reason to think otherwise

:)

RN

#1893     Sep 7, 2015
  4. Will do RN. Had my hangover Saturday ;).

Today, biking, reviewing charts, yoga, resting and mentally thinking about the patience I'll be bringing in the morning.

see ya tomorrow

jas

#1894     Sep 7, 2015
  5. Handle123

Handle123

Depends on how much back testing and simulated trading you have done. The key to the future in life is based on history.

#1895     Sep 8, 2015
  6. Handle123

Handle123

Someone talking about cycles, there was an Easter Trade I'd use to put on 0-4 times a year, it was a spread in Pork Bellies, forgot which months I was spreading but would have GTC at minus 200 and if filled out at even buying nearby/selling the distant cause near Easter so many were buying hams. It was like a gift trade and another one was Buying Muni-Bonds/Selling T-Bonds minus 5-6, beginning of every contract I have a standing order of so many, it was like gifts. I still have a couple others I do in various markets but cause of the computers, tougher to keep them quiet. But reports are very similar to gift trades cause so often first move is so wrong.

It was confusing this morning and quick, but nice to be done in 25 minutes. Make a little and quit. It looks so easy and yet it has taken years to memorize Price Patterns under stress. And even still makes iffy trades. Took two trades where risk was a bit more than I normally take, was lucky to only lose a little overall. ES normally trades in 4 point trending waves, so if entering after market has gone 3.00 points, you have to risk 3.50 points and hoping it goes through barrier for your target.

Starbuck time

#1896     Sep 8, 2015
    jas_in_hbca likes this.
  7. no trading today. Started feeling lousy yesterday afternoon. Saw doctor today. Should be fine soon. Took some Bonine for the dizziness and already feeling better. Can't remember name of the condition but nothing to worry about. Not trading tomorrow.

#1897     Sep 8, 2015
  8. Redneck

Redneck

Sweet..., not that you felt bad..., but that you had it in you to step back

Time was..., you would have tried / kept trading

Maturing every day :)

Good Job Today!!!

RN

Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
    #1898     Sep 8, 2015
  9. Get well soon jas.

#1899     Sep 9, 2015
  10. Handle123

Handle123

I traded longer than usual Thursday, it was just one of those days that price just kept going down. Am sure the trend traders who were getting 10-15 point moves was dancing in the streets, and I was dinking out my usual smaller profits. Who does better in the end, don't know and don't care, I can average down cause of low losing trades, that is impossible for those who go for homeruns as their losing percentages are higher. And no, I do not recommend for most to add onto losing trades, it is a skill, thorough back testing and well funded account so when you lose, you can play again tomorrow.

Jas, hope you back soon.

#1900     Sep 10, 2015