jasinhbca's quest for discipline, knowledge & profits

Discussion in 'Journals' started by jas_in_hbca, Nov 16, 2010.

1. Hi @Handle123,

If you don't mind me asking, what is your win ratio thus far for this 9/18 ema simple model?

Thanks for everything,

IWDI

#1811     Aug 27, 2015
  2. Handle123

Handle123

I have tested it over 13 years, more wins than losses. I prefer not to give out what it exactly did as I did the testing and I would have to say how I did the testing and rules I use and don't want to teach the world. And as you back test to will discover it is a trend signal. What most don't do is break down waves within a swing, most don't keep ten day average of a swing based on hourly segments as they change ever part of the day session, each wave of a swing also changes. So this is a method tries the find the end of a wave. How you back test will tell you what kind of expectations for profit and risk.

I laugh each time people put up stats of their systems, unless you fully know the programming and all the rules and coding, those stats means nothing.

#1812     Aug 27, 2015
    zbestoch, NoDoji and Iwilldoit like this.
  3. @Handle123

Fair enough.

So you subscribe to Elliot Wave theory?

Also did you develop this model from scratch? or is it based on a 'parent' model?

Thank You,

IWDI

Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
    #1813     Aug 27, 2015
  4. I've been trading too much in my comfort zone and not enough per plan this week. By that I mean I haven't been sitting through 'uncomfortable ' pullbacks or taking 'uncomfortable' trades. That was a problem I had in the past so I came in today focused on allowing myself to be uncomfortable. That's a lot of what trading is; getting use to uncertainty and the uncomfortable feelings. Much easier fix for me now than before.

I did pretty well on my trade management but still allowed some uncertainty to cause me to miss some trades. They were late session trades so I may have been getting tired /losing focus.

Overall happy with my trading today. Good patience , valid trades and recognized and held through uncomfortable feelings.

My first trade I slipped up and didn't move my stop a little wider quick enough. So got stopped almost immediately. Then reentered but trade didn't work. 2 quick losses. Stayed calm, no worries.

Lost of missed opportunities today but that's OK. I'll work on that tomorrow while focusing on patience and accepting uncertainty.

+16. pts

BTW, CL looked very good today ! Didn't trade it though.

#1814     Aug 27, 2015
  5. @Handle123

The triple bottom on the ES or NQ? (my inexperienced eye didn't see any)

Thanks,

IWDI

#1815     Aug 27, 2015
  6. Handle123

Handle123

Just the basics of Elliot. I developed it 1982, although back then I was doing it by hand and trading stocks longer term. Yep, triple on ES, was trading both at same time, so sometimes miss patterns, but had trend on my side.

Jas_in_hbca you often have to do what others are unwilling to take to trade and make profits if what you are doing does well when you back tested it. That's it.

#1816     Aug 27, 2015

7. LOL that trading model is older than me!! YOU developed it? as in not based on any other trading model?

#1817     Aug 27, 2015
  8. Handle123

Handle123

Back in 1982, it was a calculator and a pencil/ruler and you did your own charts by hand and you got advanced effort of using colored pencils for moving averages. Not many books out other than "Bible" of charting my Edwards and McGee, very few others like John Hill of books from late 1970s.

Trading community will miss Don Bright, very knowledgeable and giving man, always available himself for questions. I wished I chatted with him more, but I will again when my time is done on Earth. I am just happy that my Maker allowed me the time I did chat with him. My heart goes out to his family, RIP Don, now you can really laugh at the world below.

#1818     Aug 28, 2015
    zbestoch and Iwilldoit like this.
  9. Colored pencils? sounds painful..so every day you would spend hours drawing charts at your desk? lmao

Could tell me specifically which John Hill Book I should buy?

You seem to be like Don yourself, I like chatting to you too.

Your time won't be done on Earth for a very long time...

#1819     Aug 28, 2015
  10. Sorry @Handle123

I am looking at the August 27 chart you posted :

http://www.elitetrader.com/et/index.php?attachments/simple-system-aug27-2015-png.156258/

what does the black dashes connected by the thin line represent? (At 8h41)

Are you trying to measure the swing length?

Thanks,

IWDI

#1820     Aug 28, 2015