Japanese Day Trader Makes $34 million

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by justrading, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Got news for you, Buckaroo... already did that.

And you are now ON IGNORE!

#51     Aug 30, 2015
  2. I'm sure they are in a minority, which is why I phrased it the way I did. But as I said I haven't been there so was basing my view on stuff like this that I've read over the years. There was a recent piece with the same theme but I can't remember where I read it.

Not begging must be a cultural thing I suppose. You lose count of the beggars you see in a day in Bangkok, most run by gangs who drop them off and pick them up when the streets go quiet.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2008/jun/19/japan

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/20...ith-swelling-elderly-population/#.VeMIbXAbmrV

#52     Aug 30, 2015
  3. Jakobsberg

Jakobsberg

News for you. Japan is MUCH safer than the US and much more equal society.

#53     Aug 30, 2015
  4. fxwizard

fxwizard

News for you, Japan is not the safe utopia many disillusioned foreigners are lead to believe. Crazy shit happen in Japan just like anywhere else. Random people getting injured or mutilated for no apparent reasons (all 2015 news):

Man hit with bottle in robbery attempt on Tokyo street

Man questioned over 130 break-ins in Tokyo, Saitama since Feb

Suspect says another man in his van killed 13-year-old girl

Newspaper deliveryman shot by crossbow arrow in Aichi

16-year-old girl assaulted, robbed in Tochigi

18-year-old arrested for stabbing high school girl in Osaka

Man stabs 17-yr-old girl in back, cuts her hair as she walks home

More decapitated cats found in Kobe

Man arrested for setting fire to Aomori convenience store

17-year-old boy arrested for fatally stabbing man on street in Aichi

... and so on. This trader alias CIS has got some very good reasons to keep his identity secret!

Last edited: Aug 30, 2015
    #54     Aug 30, 2015
  5. Jakobsberg

Jakobsberg

Of course you can pick individual stories but look at the total statistics

http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/compare/Japan/United-States/Crime

I've spent lot of time in both. Japan has less crime than US and very few guns. Just compare the murder and rape stats. Lol.

#55     Aug 30, 2015
  6. copa8

copa8

10x more crazier shit happens in the U.S. than in Japan.
    Japan is safer than the U.S. by a wide-ass margin. Name some dangerous hoods in Tokyo that are the equivalents of Bed-Stuy, East NY, Brownsville in NYC and Compton, South Central LA in LA?

#56     Aug 30, 2015
  7. fxwizard

fxwizard

This is the part you're mistaken. Just cuz ppl in Japan don't have guns don't mean they won't resort to using knives, bottles, acid, gasoleen, or arrows to commit their crimes.

Anyways, when you have an actual citizen of Japan (trader CIS) declaring he doesn't want to be known out of fear of being robbed, it paints a very clear picture of the relative safety of living in the society in question!

#57     Aug 30, 2015
  8. i960

i960

Haha you're either nuts or completely scared of your own shadow. JP is totally safe in comparison to the USA. It's his choice to not want to be known and while I think that's a good choice it doesn't mean Japan is a dangerous place by any measure.

Go to Central America sometime.

#58     Aug 30, 2015
  9. fxwizard

fxwizard

Plz, I'm nuts for declaring JP doesn't have crimes? The entire point of my debate was clearing up why a certain poster didn't believe you could get robbed in Japan if everyone around you knew you were a walking multi-billion Yen sign.

#59     Aug 30, 2015
  10. How do you know Japanese TV doesn't work with Japanese Gov for marketing? TV always tells fake stories.

#60     Aug 30, 2015