Japanese Day Trader Makes $34 million

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by justrading, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Or maybe he was mostly luck. You seem convinced he was prescient. I call BULLSHIT on that notion.

FWIW...

(We won't know, of course, until we hear about his turning $34M into $34B.)

#11     Aug 28, 2015
  2. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

Well the guy has earned 150MM prior to this starting with something like 10k. Bloomberg did an article about him a year or two ago and he showed them evidence (brokerage statements and account statements). It's probably not luck.

#12     Aug 28, 2015
  3. Says the guy who can hardly open a broker account for lack of minimum account size required. Hilarious

#13     Aug 28, 2015
  4. S2007S

S2007S

I was about to post this same article last night.......This is hard to believe, even though he has brokerage statements to back up his trades and validate his claims its still hard to fathom such an amount he has made not only from this past week but his career, Over $100 million?

#14     Aug 28, 2015
  5. S2007S

S2007S

Now I don't know about you but if you put on a trade that size worth tens of millions of dollars are you going to step out and go for a "WALK"....come on...

This is the point where most traders would take their money off the table and call it a year. Not CIS.

“I’m adding to my position,” he wrote on Twitter. “Then I’m going to go for a walk and prayer.”

#15     Aug 28, 2015
  6. In my experience, these sorts of stories always turn out to be bollox. I've seen loads of them on the dailymail site, and they are always exposed some time later as being completely untrue.

However, assuming there it is true, how could someone be so good. He must have some sort of information edge. Certainly doubt he's drawing lines on charts!

#16     Aug 28, 2015
  7. S2007S

S2007S

HIS QUOTE FROM 2014.....

“He found success after a friend gave him a piece of advice: Forget the fundamentals. CIS doesn’t subscribe to the Nikkei or any other newspaper. Nor does he scrutinize earnings reports or parse central bank statements or spend much time looking at moving averages or other price chart patterns normally associated with technical trading.”

http://zortrades.com/8-things-to-learn-from-japans-biggest-day-trader/

#17     Aug 28, 2015
    promagma likes this.
  8. Well, the profile (link in post #7) Bloomberg did of him before stated;

"He did show multiple 2014 statements from one of his many brokerage accounts, in addition to his 2013 tax return. Those brokerage statements, from SBI Holdings Inc., showed liquid assets ranging from 4.4 billion yen to 4.8 billion yen. His tax return showed he traded 1.7 trillion yen worth of Japanese equities in 2013 -- about half of 1 percent of the value of all the share transactions done by individuals on the Tokyo Stock Exchange. On his busiest day, he says, he bought and sold 70 billion yen worth of stocks."

Now there've been lots of stories and claims, this is the first time I've heard of a trader providing Tax Returns to support his claims.

It's not unheard of for reporters to fabricate stories, but this particular one has gone on for some time, unlike the typical one-off pieces.

As for going for a walk, if there is a hard stop in place, why not?

#18     Aug 28, 2015
  9. luisHK

luisHK

Yeah the guy seems to be competing with you for the title of asshole of ET, but I still need to figure out if he has posted anything constructive.
    And he likes CAPS, impressive.

#19     Aug 28, 2015
  10. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

“Of course I’m happy about today, but you win some and you lose a lot, too,” he said, explaining the Greek financial crisis had cost him about $6 million.

Typical good trader comment.

#20     Aug 28, 2015
    trader99 and Speculate like this.