Japan has fallen victim to the Keynesian scam

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Tsing Tao, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

So what? Are you the forum police? If two individuals wish to discuss something then you have the choice to either participate, ignore the conversation or redirect it to where you want to go. Bitching about it is also an option, I suppose, but not a very productive one. And supposedly you're all about being productive.

#241     Mar 4, 2015
  2. That's why someone of the likes of Koizumi comes along only ever 2 decades. In the meantime however printing money to hope this solves any problems is about the worst that can happen. but of course in your own universe options that are difficult seem to equate to not being worthy of tackling.

#242     Mar 4, 2015
  3. Which is why I keep on mentioning structural reforms and presented ideas that are both palatable and realistic to push. And yes I like to bitch about exchanges that end up nowhere with a probability of one. At least I presented options that would bring about true and long lasting change vs inflated equity markets, only, but otherwise masses near the poverty line.

#243     Mar 4, 2015
  4. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

So if I agree with your suggestions, am I supposed to debate that? I'm trying to understand what you expect from me in this regard.

If Martin agrees (which he claims he does) but differs on the point that QE is worthless, wouldn't that logically be the place to begin/continue the discussion?

#244     Mar 4, 2015
  5. Sure but a good discussion now descended into a worthless shooting back and forth of "Abenomics works " vs "Abenomics does not work" kindergarden. Why does that happen in every economics thread? Same with the Greece thread: Instead of thinking together how to derive tradable ideas or how a true solution would look like you keep on posting some useless articles that just seem to support your "see guys. ...I was right Greece will not be able to repay it's debt" view. Guess what. ..everyone agreed from the beginning with that basic stance. If you needed 70 pages or so to bring home that point then you should not be surprised others bitch and ridicule You. And as we all know I am by far not the only one who finds your lack of red thread in the Greece thread slightly bizarre. Are you only here to stoke your need for approval or are you interested in an intelligent debate that actually leads somewhere?

#245     Mar 4, 2015
  6. Koizumi, eh? Structural reform, eh? How are things going with Japan Post?

Again, nobody disagrees with you about the structural reform. I certainly would never say that reforms are not worthy of tackling. Moreover, Abenomics is actually enjoying some modest successes on that front (e.g. the very recent JA-Zenchu news). The point of it all is summarized by a simple question, which I have asked previously. What if structural reforms just can't happen?

#246     Mar 4, 2015
  7. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I would prefer intelligent debate that actually leads somewhere. But as long as you're going to fan the flames and insult, I will be there with a response. I said this to you long ago, but you preferred to continue with the attacks - both in the Greek thread and now bringing them to this thread. It's your choice, volpunter. We can continue the same horseshit arguments until the end of days, or we can talk about more substantial thoughts. But I promise you, if you try to fuck with me outside of normal and acceptable debate, I'm going to fuck with you right back. I'm being 100% serious here.

Your serve.

#247     Mar 4, 2015
  8. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Can't happen? Or won't because they are too difficult or political suicide to implement? Because saying they can't happen - how can you possibly know this until you try?

#248     Mar 4, 2015
  9. I am posing a hypothetical question... Suppose I told you that Japan is a country where, as things currently stand, required structural reforms cannot realistically happen. Whether it's because they are politically not feasible or because they contradict some deep-seated cultural norms or some other reason doesn't matter. What would be the potential solution?

#249     Mar 4, 2015
  10. ...then for heaven's sake please do not embark on the historically grandest and riskiest QE experiment ever undertaken by human kind. Japan really does not have a track record of understanding economics, monetary policy and financial markets all that well. What they ended up with for now are inflated equity markets, an entirely disfunctional JGB and money market and the exact same problems they faced before.

#250     Mar 4, 2015