Jack Hershey Method Since 2008

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bwolinsky, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Vienna

Vienna

Really.
    Hello and welcome in the bin ...http://screencast.com/t/ZUkWQ3RVy

In the brief moment you enjoyed in my universe you fulfilled one (somewhat) useful function-You just proved my point about the level of discourse.
    I post a log, a chart and some schematics, which- were your mind not totally nailed shut- could perhaps have gotten you on the way to critical thinking...at least one question perhaps?

You, on the other hand, choose to focus on my ignore list. What does my list have to do with you, and why does it matter to you who is on it? On top of that, you misunderstand my explanation of why people ended up on my list.
    If I wanted to, it would be hard to find such a perfect textbook case.

Thanks!:D

#281     Jul 15, 2012
  2. Argent

Argent

It matters who is on your ignore list because it speaks to your ability to think rationally and to benefit from the resources of the community. You obviously are proud of throwing the baby out with the bathwater. If it's not important, why did you post it? I have been here over ten years, and I have seen some of our most brilliant posters fade away because of hopeless people cluttering up the bandwidth.

And since I am on your list, now you have no chance of ever learning anything from me. Like who the real traders are here. And who has survived the struggle. And how they did it. YOU aren't on MY list!

#282     Jul 15, 2012
  3. If you have the codes send them to me... I'd be able to code those strats if RTL and LTL actually meant something outside of Jack's Algo's.

#283     Jul 16, 2012
  4. Does this mean you would share what you coded with me if I tell you where to find the code? :)

Search for a user called "Tums". You will get a list of his posts. One thread is called "Easy language treasure chest". The "code" is there.

Good luck.

#284     Jul 16, 2012
  5. Hi Jack,

You said: "You can always tell long from short since long has a pencil mark below the witing line of the tablet."

I tried Jack, I tried with a lot of goodwill. I tried with some imagination and the next possibility is maybe to try it with some hallucination. But even with that I can not recognize your "pencil mark" on the note you uploaded. Maybe the quality of your scan is too bad but that's why I highlighted all the areas which are not readable.

In case my comments on your notes were not clear enough please let me know and I will try to ask in another way. [​IMG]

How can Redduke or anybody else put your trades in Excel to investigate and calculate the profit segments if your notes are unrecognizable by anybody except by yourself?

Btw.... which of the many "Tofte" do you mean?

Regarding your "6 cheat sheets"... I will have a look what you posted for "HateToRisk" and maybe come back with additional questions.

Thanks.

#285     Jul 16, 2012
  6. Trend Following

Trend Following Sponsor

Jack are you appearing?

covel.com/podcast

Mike

#286     Jul 18, 2012
  7. Is anyone currently trading the Jack Hershey Equitiy Method? I am new to it and recently enrolled in a free-trial at Trade Navigator. It seems as though they only carry part of the needed filters. Technical support has helped me construct one of the two "missing' filters. If anyone is using Trade Navigator or any other available filters I would greatly appreciate a word back.

#287     Sep 27, 2012
  8. On TN operated by GFTI, you need to use the TSOG to form your Universe.

To replace the stocktables.com method on TN, get their percitile grouping replacements for EPS and RS. These two fundamental variables adjust your Universe length.

Sort the list by increasing volume, a vector. the top is 7's; the middle is 0's and the bottom is 1's.

"scoring" a personal invention of mine can be searched to undertand how, over time, the sorted stocks move UP the list.

the hold for any stock is described by five rules on a one pager entitled "unusual volume". you hold thru scores of 7 to 6 to 5 to 4.

At GFTI, there is NOT an understanding of the Sharpe ratio worden Bros achieved using Bloxs to drag and drop the rules and test on the NAZ 100. worden cannot sort stocks as far as I know.

the ratio is over 60 which understandably for CW people is "unbelieveable".

do TN studies after you have set up the functions and the operators for the rules.

to do a study on a TSOG, go to charts on the top line of TN and then on the menu click on add tto chart. Be on a chart in your TSOG.

Click on studies at the top of the menu that oopened for you.

since you have put the PVT rules into TN already, click on the name you gave it which now appears in the studies list.

A pane will appear at the bottom of your chart. It shows when to trade (enter long and then exit with bar highlights if you did the rules correctly.

by using a Universe you can see how the x over trading goes for a period of time that you choose.

Worden chose one year on 30 minute charts.

you can see that the moderators moved this thread to chit chat. since it is in chit chat it no longer appears under trading which is the subject of this thread. It cannot be expected for the moderators to understand trading with a Sharpe ratio of 60 plus.

I was at GFTI for their meeting 15 thru 17 SEP this year. It is not easy to arrange the power of trade Sense to do RDBMS's. BUT it is possible. (See IFF for example and OCXO and OTO functions.)

#288     Sep 28, 2012
  9. Thank- you very much for posting. It is helping me get set up for equities with TN

#289     Oct 2, 2012
  10. I am new to JHM equities and have recently got set up through TN to screen the market in search of candidates. In the last three weeks I have not generated a single stock to make it through the filters. I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong or is a function of the current marlet conditions?
    I start out with the EPS, RS and price settings between 10-50. I then have:
    Earnings>0,
    Insider ownded Percentage >5%,
    Institutional holding > 5%,
    Equities rank > 0
    DU volume,
    Average volume criteria
    Float criteria
    PVAD score display
    Price range criteria
    and last but not least Unusual volume.
    I feel this is really an awesome way to trade equities. If anyone can shed any light it would be most appreciated.

#290     Oct 17, 2012