It's Been Fun

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Money Trust, Sep 10, 2015.

1. kut2k2

kut2k2

Glad you asked. I've given this some thought. Here goes:

Baron should appoint (i.e., ask) 4 to 6 (or whatever number he finds appropriate) HoF Monitors consisting of long-time members (5+ years). I immediately volunteer to be one of them.

Each Monitor will commit to review a minimum of 25% of the current HoF list, whichever 25% he or she wishes, over the course of a calendar year. Since this year is mostly over, the first batch of reviews will be due before Jan 2017.

Each Monitor will review a thread and give his (or her) approval or disapproval. If he approves he can simply comment "thread XXX: approved". Or he can say nothing at all. It will be assumed that any thread a Monitor does not comment on gets his tacit approval.

If a Monitor thinks a listed thread really doesn't qualify for HoF status, he must state explicit reason(s) why it is disqualified and should be removed from the list.

All these reviews can be posted to a private thread consisting of Baron and the selected HoF Monitors. This will give all the Monitors and Baron a chance to discuss specific disapprovals. Cordiality will be mandatory. Name-calling and sarcasm will be forbidden. Remember: all are there for a common purpose: to improve the quality of the HoF list for the benefit of all ET members,old and new.

In addition to reviews of the current content, any Monitor can nominate an unlisted thread for listing. He or she must be prepared to answer any and all criticisms of his selection(s) without antagonism. A criticism of a selection should never be construed as a criticism of the selector. The goal is the best possible HoF list for the benefit of all members.

Baron will have final say on whether a listed thread gets unlisted or whether a nominated thread gets listed. He can put it to a vote by the Monitors or he can just say Yea or Nay himself. It will be understood by all the Monitors upfront how the decision process will work and of course if he disapproves, he can resign, giving Baron the opportunity to replace him.

This is obviously a long-term and ongoing process. Monitors may come and go, procedures may change. The goal as always is to turn the HoF list from a static thing into a dynamic organism that will always reflect the best of Elite Trader.

#41     Sep 11, 2015
  2. Good idea. Let's see what else comes along. Too much for Baron to cope with, some informed advice would help.

#42     Sep 11, 2015
  3. Haven't really thought this through, but I'm sure we all agree that everyone has the right to voice his/her opinion here. The problem lies in the counter opinions of the "You don't know your ass from a hole in the ground" type that fuel the fire and lead to further personal attacks, resulting in numerous postings irrelevant to the subject of the thread, and thus ruining the thread. So, what if there were a way to discourage these personal attacks by restricting counter opinions to IMO/IMHO types. Could that be accomplished by setting up a 'Dislike' type vote function for any posting that contains a personal attack, and after x-number of Dislike votes covering x-number of postings, the offender's postings get reviewed by the moderators. And if the votes confirm that there truly were personal attacks, he's banned.
    This, or some other type of strict deterrent to personal attacks would seem to go a long way in keeping the threads clean.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
    #43     Sep 11, 2015
    k p likes this.
  4. hughb

hughb

You're not supposed to post in a thread that you didn't read, but I'm gonna do it anyway. Whoever started this thread - don't leave and quit whining. And I gotta puke. I been drinking for six hours straight. Fuck this shit, I'm never drinking again after tomorrow.

Oh, and ETA - I only got seven likes on this fucking board. I been here almost a fucking decade and you fucking bums can't even give me a thumbs up on my worthless posts. if you don't give me a thumbs up on this one then I'm just gonna have to say fuck you.

OH and ETA again - somebody tell google autocorrect that there is no such fucking word as ducking. That's it, I'm done with this post. And you better give me a thumbs up.

#44     Sep 13, 2015
    onemoreshot and nitro like this.
  5. What? You haven't figured out already that very little genuine trading expertise is proffered on ET? (my posts excepted, of course.) :)

I joined ET with the hope/expectation of "communicating successful strategies and ideas with other successful traders". LOL! Soon found out (1) discussing/arguing trading is much like arguing religion, (2) apparently almost nobody knows anything of value about making money trading, and (3) if they do, they don't offer it freely to others.... however whiners and pissers abound. DUH! Way of the world.

Stick around for the P&R.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
    #45     Sep 14, 2015
  6. NoBias

NoBias

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ducking

#46     Sep 15, 2015
    onemoreshot likes this.
  7. hughb

hughb

HAHAHAHA thanks nitro and onemoreshot. I'm up to ten likes now. About one per year. As an ET'er, I suck. But I suck less thanks to you guys.

#47     Sep 17, 2015
    lawrence-lugar likes this.
  8. hughb

hughb

#48     Sep 17, 2015
  9. "Sucking less than somebody else" is a victory for some. :)

#49     Sep 17, 2015
  10. Playing the devils advocate. If u believe the market is fractal-- which is a given if u are a ta believer-- then why not 5 second charts? surf

#50     Sep 17, 2015