It's Been Fun

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Money Trust, Sep 10, 2015.

1. destriero

destriero

This thread is pointless without tits.

#11     Sep 10, 2015
  2. NoBias

NoBias

I normally don't post unless it has some value. But I gotta LOL...

Everything is pointless without tits...

#12     Sep 10, 2015
    traderob likes this.
  3. game

game

Establish guiding principles that reflect context. Get buy in from moderators to uphold principles. Supply moderators with member generated data to support their decisions. Use member generated data to greatly overweight good content.

1.The Constitution: Establish core principles for the site. Make them diametric enough to encompass wide variation and reflect the realities of technology. List them for all to see.

• Ex: Principle of Free Speech vs Principle of Right to Noise Free Discussion
    • Context: While each member has a voice, some are speaking into a mike with speakers in every possible location and the volume turned up to max. Those who don't want to speak in a similar manner are instead opting to refrain from conversing at all.

2.The Judges: Create a team of moderators from within the community who fully support these principles. Have them pass subjective decisions on violations of core principles.

• The site lists the current team of Moderators. How many of them have been actively moderating? How many are actively participating in their own discussions? Where is the vitality?

3. The Market: Make it easy for members to supply you with data. Design systems to quantify feedback.
    • Ex:Implement a up/down like/dislike feature for content. Funnel this data to moderators. This data will act as a red flag for moderators to look into specific instances. They can't be expected to track every discussion.
    • Increase Feedback Surveys: Make them anonymous while limiting the ability to vote multiple times.
    • Context: Not all feedback is equal. Create sub lists of members that have been around for a while or those who contribute a lot. Compare feedback between these lists. Weight accordingly.
    4. Over weighting good content:
    • Let members vote on good content. Then use that data to overweight how prominently the content is displayed.
    • Recognize good content. The current system treats all content as equal. Let market voted good content create its own momentum and prominence.
    • Increase awareness of superior content by systematically bringing old good threads back into prominence.

#13     Sep 10, 2015
  4. romik

romik

Baron, how about a once monthly ET sponsored trading TOURNAMENT!

#14     Sep 10, 2015
    k p and FCXoptions like this.

5. Could you post links to these threads? Let us decide for ourselves if your claim has merit.

Perhaps you are mistaken this so called "Bickering, Trading Pessimism and Cynics" for Constructive Criticism.

:)

#15     Sep 10, 2015
  6. Don't leave.
    Technical Analysis is not dead.:p
    Successful trading is just like looking at Mountains -- follow the Lines...the silhouette backdrop.
    [​IMG]

#16     Sep 10, 2015
  7. romik

romik

Don't worry about Smurf, as if he never looks at a chart! If you even glance at a chart, then you implement TA.

And also don't be a sissy. I am currently banned from posting on Surf Report, because I used the word "fuck", big deal, Baron uses it in some of his posts, I assume you are an adult. It's all about context, for example in a sentence 'you fucking cunt' there is only one contextually rude statement - "you". Cheer up, life's too short to worry about who said what on an anonymous forum, unless someone is directly bullying/insulting you.

#17     Sep 10, 2015
    londonkid likes this.
  8. lol, you have no idea what a pissing contest erupts at the mere mention of it...Some years back the "taunting" that we've seen in a few threads recently would turn into six figure wagers with a moderator (always was the late great Don Bright)...anyhow, nothing ever became of the war of words (as far as I know), but some good fun reading the threads and the verbal fisticuffs.

#18     Sep 10, 2015
    romik likes this.
  9. Surf inadvertently revealed a bit about himself a couple of weeks ago with the story of his friend and how he lost some money for her in the market (15-18 years ago) or whenever it was...Something like that is traumatic and from what I can tell the wounds haven't healed...(i.e. market losses can sometimes carry much greater weight than we realize)...basically, I think he refuses to believe that looking at a chart could have told him to do something differently...it's easier to believe that the "randomness" took away his money and that there was nothing he could do to prevent it...

#19     Sep 10, 2015
    tom2, justrading and samuel11 like this.
  10. Hey, Money Trust. I am new here and just start trading. I wanna learn from others and turn to make profits. I agree with u that it turns very hard for me to find useful info on ET. I still remember in one thread two guys were fighting about racism. It sounds stupid since ET should be a forum for trading. Besides ET, do u know any other forums like this where I can learn about trading? Great Thx

#20     Sep 10, 2015