Iterative Refinement

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Spydertrader, Jan 3, 2008.

1. faster fractal traverse included...

#8891     Nov 4, 2008
  2. The following is a list (hopefully complete) of issues that cause me chronic problems, frustrations and of course the ever present losses. Perhaps others face the same or similar issues as well. It is my hope that collectively we can identify other problems afflicting other traders and create an exhaustive list that we can attack and finally resolve one by one and move down the list.

1. Identifying the previous day's status and what to anticipate the next day including when to include CO channels.

2. Identifying what constitutes a lateral formation, lateral movement and what constitutes tapes instead.

3. How to determine what constitutes an SOC inside a lateral and when to ignore what appears to be one.

4. When "no increasing" volume at end of traverse indicates a SOC and when it doesn't.

5. What are the strict definitions of Peak Volume and how to differentiate between Pace Acceleration.

6. What are considered Spike bars and what is the proper way to analyze them.

Again, this is just a start, I look forward to other suggestions. I am certain others have unresolved issues and questions as well that a diligent and focused discussion of each may well finally and totally resolve and we can actually move from the "learning" stage to the "profitability" stage.

guava

#8892     Nov 4, 2008
  3. So far...

#8893     Nov 4, 2008
  4. Tums

Tums

Look at each day as a new day.
    CO is a bonus.
    Manage what is given you today first...

These have been covered numerous times.
    If you can make a description of your understanding... I can help you to help yourself.

You are delving into Rule-Based trading...
    Mmm... maybe others can help.

#8894     Nov 4, 2008
  5. ...

#8895     Nov 4, 2008
  6. I am totally with you here on all the points but #6. An unambiguous definition of spike was provided here

#8896     Nov 4, 2008
  7. Are you sure that this post provides a complete and thorough understanding of how to identify, analyze and act on Spike bars in all circumstances?

#8897     Nov 4, 2008
  8. Identify - yes, analyze and act - that's a whole different deal. I provided the link just in case you missed it, I personally tend to miss a lot of things when it comes to spikes, sometimes I miss like two spikes in a row, sometimes I even miss entire posts on spike subject, like this one courtesy of Avi 8

#8898     Nov 4, 2008
  9. Chart for the day...

#8899     Nov 4, 2008
  10. fractals...:)

#8900     Nov 4, 2008