Iterative Refinement

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Spydertrader, Jan 3, 2008.

1. Great.

If I understand you correctly then, you have indicated that you know after Pace Acceleration appears on your chart, that a period of non-dominant Price and Volume appears, and once the 'declining Volume' period ends, the market returns to increasing Volume.

Hmmmmm.

Increasing - Decreasing - Increasing.

Dominant - Non-Dominant - Dominant

Sounds familiar in some strange way. :)

What would you call such a set of circumstances as this?

- Spydertrader

#8851     Nov 1, 2008
  2. Increasing - Decreasing - Increasing: describes how volume behaves in a traverse.

Dominant - Non-Dominant - Dominant: describes how Price behaves in a traverse.

#8852     Nov 1, 2008
  3. Let me get this straight ....

You now appear to be telling me that when you see Pace Acceleration on your chart (dominant) you know the market has plans to undergo a period of 'declining Volume' (non-dominant), and when this 'step down' ends, you know the market plans to return to a state where Volume increases (dominant), and thereby doing so, creates a Traverse.

Next, you'll be telling me since you know the market has already created a Traverse, and has just indicated its plans to create an Accelerated Traverse within the original Traverse (due to the fractal nature of the markets) you can now know the market has just indicated its plans to transition the trend lines, which form the original Traverse, into trend lines which represent a channel. :)

All this from the 11:20 bar?

(All times Easten and [close of] ES Bars)

- Spydertrader

#8853     Nov 1, 2008
  4. The same pattern of Volume and Dominance for a different occasion though:

Increasing ->P1 (of down traverse) Decreasing - Increasing ->P2 (of down traverse)

Dominant ->P1 (of down traverse) Non-Dominant - Dominant ->P2 (of down traverse)

#8854     Nov 1, 2008
  5. I'd like to request a brief time-out. I need to study the charts to determine what happens with dominance after the market returns to a state where Volume increases, within the same context as we have here (the PA bar is dominant). Thank you for guiding me to this point.

#8855     Nov 1, 2008
  6. Understandable.

After all, it appears as if you just told me you have the ability to see into the future. :) And many bars into the future at that. Certainly, such an ability as you describe cannot possibly exist. :)

Make sure you compare the exact same contexts, and not (as you often do) compare similar contexts where subtle differences create a world of difference (even if those differences remain unseen by you).

- Spydertrader

#8856     Nov 1, 2008
  7. As romanus has shown, the trendlines start out containing a Traverse, but later, widen out to form a channel. romanus claims to know all this by the 11:20 Bar. :)

How is such a thing possible? :D

- Spydertrader

#8857     Nov 1, 2008
  8. The real credit belongs to all of you who have spent your time, energy, effort and focus towards learning how to trade using the Price - Volume Relationship.

Congrats to everyone, and once again, thank you all for your contributions.

- Spydertrader

#8858     Nov 1, 2008
  9. I'm still confused. This is where I have problems:

In your chart you label the first "channels" as "tapes" and from those tapes you have your three points to suddenly draw a channel. I'm missing the traverses.

On friday I soon had to stop to annotate because at one point I was lost because I couldn't identify anymore where I was (tape, channel, traverse, etc.).

In enclosed chart you can maybe see where my difficulties are. What I still don't know is when does a tape become a traverse? Is there something like the seven cases for constructing a tape also available for traverses? What makes a tape become a traverse? A BO? A VE? A FTT? A OB? Maybe somebody can point to the right direction.

Thanks

#8859     Nov 2, 2008
  10. Missing chart...

#8860     Nov 2, 2008