Is there anyone here who has a consistently profitable automated trading system?

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by Blitzjoker, Jul 20, 2023.

1. Blitzjoker

Blitzjoker

I ask because I heard an interview with Linda Raschke where she said she didn't know any such traders. I thought that was pretty significant as she is a very successful trader herself.

I have tried quite hard over the years to automate some winning trading rules, but with no success in the long term.

I am not asking anyone to reveal any secrets, I'm just interested to know if it is possible.

2. Check out @hilmy83's journal. So far, so good and very consistent.

It seems like an odd comment from Linda to be honest and not an accurate one from what I can tell.

semperfrosty, MarkBrown and M.W. like this.
  3. Blitzjoker

Blitzjoker

Thanks; that looks a really interesting thread.

Laissez Faire likes this.
  4. Snuskpelle

Snuskpelle

To answer OP, nope, I didn't have any that lasted.

My _guess_ would be it depends on one's social circle. Linda evidently is connected to discretionary traders.

In the same vein, there are obviously successful quants but they don't e.g. frequent ET that much (although you can find a few that keep a low profile), nor do they have a reason to network with most discretionary traders.

Notably, true quants are a very distinct group from the TA guys since the latter rely on elementary school maths.

MarkBrown and Laissez Faire like this.
  5. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

it's possible ask me more, i will tell you everything except my current code.

Georpe and murray t turtle like this.
  6. daanipd

daanipd

You can contact me, I’m one of the developers of an algorithmic trading company.

7. M.W.

M.W.

Makes me wonder whether she inadvertently admitted that she has no clue whether a true edge in trading exists. If she claims that she does not know of a single successful algorithmic trader then this would set off all sorts of warning bells for an average intelligent being. Of course she caters to the bottom rung on the ladder. Her motivation is to steer the dumb but greedy individuals to learn her trading secrets which she of course graciously shares with all of us for the measly sum of a few thousands. And of course not one of her idiot followers asks the question why she teaches in the first place and not make millions trading her own account, or better yet, the accounts of the wealthy.

trismes likes this.
  8. Hello Blitzjoker,

This is the most EASIEST answer in the world to answer and I will answer it will 10,000% confidence. It is a no brainer.

Without a shadow of doubt, the answer 1000% Verifiable YES

Whoever says no, is Scammer and trying to sell you something or trying to get you believe in BS.

If you need evidence, please reply.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2023
  9. maxinger

maxinger

[​IMG]

Blitzjoker and KCalhoun like this.
  10. d08

d08

What is consistently profitable? Profitable every trade, every day, every month, year?

#10     Jul 21, 2023
    murray t turtle likes this.