Is The Bull Market Over?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Max E., Jan 15, 2015.

Is the Bull ?Market Over?

Poll closed Jan 22, 2015.
  1. Yes

11 vote(s)
    34.4%
  2. No

21 vote(s)
    65.6%
  1. Max E.

Max E.

The Bull Market is done, Im positioned accordingly, next stop 1850 on the ES, what are everyone else's thoughts?

2. I have to see it take out the 1960 level before I believe that the bull market is over. I'm leaning that way though. The bulls had a chance to prove their case on several occasions and have failed to do so.

3. Max E.

Max E.

Yeah, i think bonds, and commodities were the tip off, oil cant find a bid anywhere gold going up, and bonds rallying, all this spells disaster for the market.

Money Trust likes this.
  4. %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
    Sure looks like the bull, is over for BAC ,C sector.IBD had a real negative article about BAC today[facebook] I think the bull market is still on for SPY, QQQ.................................................. Dow theory means much more to me than oil price, on stock market . I dont think the oil downtrend is over by any means. wisdom; not a prediction.

NOV -APR tends to be bullishfor tek stocks.Of course its was not in 2008[200dma closes] ;bear then ..............................................................
    Good points on gold, not that gold is bearish or bullish for stocks.

5. Max E.

Max E.

Gold may not drive the markets, but it is a flight to safety, if the market goes down gold will rally.

6. S2007S

S2007S

Watching for the break as well below 1960-1965 area then down to October lows ...

Its going to happen. Unless earnings are spectacular this market is headed lower....again we all know analyst estimates are always low so that companies can beat nearly 60-70% of the time...
    I have noticed this for years and years.

Vix should trade 30-40 in the next month so get long volatility ...I sold cvol and tvix but will get back in as early as tomorrow if vix does selloff ....s$p down 5 days in a row so im feeling they want to rally it at least one more time towards 18000 however I feel there is plenty of downside heading our way...also pay attention to the small caps...last time they were the stocks that began the slide to October lows.

7. I disagree. I was taught that you should never call a top or bottom. Let the market tell you; it will the avoid the heartache.. The /es still needs to break through 1980.35-1970 and then 1913-1905 and then 1880-1870. Should the first support level fail, we are expecting the index to trade down to intermediate support. Intermediate support also represents the next entry/re-entry point to identify and enter into long/bullish positions. Trend is your friend.

Ironplates likes this.
  8. loyek590

loyek590

just a guess, not standing by it...2015=every rally will be sold, every dip will be bought
    Baby boomers have too much money in the market, they need to sell those rallies
    Their children have too little money in the market, they need to buy those dips

9. Agreed.

10. S2007S

S2007S

Futures showing a lower opening...
    And just read that Schlumberger is letting go 9000 employees due to falling oil prices...wonder how many more hundreds of thousands of jobs will be lost due to lower oil prices. And think if oil drops to decade lows.....

#10     Jan 15, 2015