Is day trading worth it?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Laissez Faire, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Visaria

Visaria

welcome to the site.

no idea where you saw all these fantastic results!

the reality is of course that most, say 90+% of the members here lose money.

I'm losing money right now, have been in a drawdown for about 6 weeks now, hence my active posting on here! Drawdowns happen to the best traders, fact of life.

#1771     Mar 22, 2015
    marketsurfer likes this.
  2. You need a money management plan. For instance, if you lose on 2 days in a row go back to simulation until you get 3 days profit in a row before you go back to real money. Follow the plan, whatever it is, religiously. No exceptions.

#1772     Mar 22, 2015
  3. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

I agree with the money management idea. However, simply going back to sim after 2 days of losing is not the answer. But using a plan that loses no less than 2% of TLNW on any one trade/idea and letting your winners run, will keep your toes tapping and make money over the long haul. Day 3 could have the winning trades that more than offset day 1 and 2 losses. Learn to be wrong and be ok with it in the real market.

#1773     Mar 22, 2015
    BSAM likes this.
  4. BSAM

BSAM

Really?

#1774     Mar 22, 2015
  5. BSAM

BSAM

(I didn't even see your post until I had already offered my "really" comment.)

#1775     Mar 22, 2015
    Buy1Sell2 likes this.
  6. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

That's ok. Thanks for weighing in.

#1776     Mar 22, 2015
  7. Visaria

Visaria

lol, strangest money management plan i've ever seen!

#1777     Mar 23, 2015
  8. Sweaty

Sweaty

May be its boring to spend so many hours in front of computor but good income will make feel really happy.

#1778     Mar 23, 2015
  9. I'm getting back to the ES soon.

Maybe it's ironic that I plan to fund my day trading account with my swing trading profits. Maybe I should re-think it. :)

#1779     Mar 23, 2015
  10. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

I'm not interested in being mentored at the present time. There are however numerous people here who are interested, and who are currently being mentored by individuals who do not demonstrate profitability or actually anything at all. Present company excluded.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2015
    #1780     Mar 23, 2015