Is backtesting necessary before Walk Forward Analysis?

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by kojinakata, Mar 25, 2015.

Do you Backtest before Walk Forward Analysis

1. YES

73.3%
  2. NO

26.7%
  1. no I cannot again, I have already answered this question. What a difference a mere uni diploma makes. Suddenly I am worthy of your questions?

#81     Mar 29, 2015
  2. Oh man. You have some serious problems. Ok, I found that you mentioned doing backtesting in a post. Because your discussions are not productive and you are always condescending, I'm not going to ask any further.

And to state the truth, all we saw was a diploma with covered name and date. This, by no means, proves that you completed that degree.

PS: See a psychologist.

#82     Mar 29, 2015
  3. chuckle, just because you are unable to dig out the post where I walked in detail through my approach to strategy testing and development that becomes someone else's problem? People like you are a pest, you would not even believe it if God smacked you in the face. Yet your same kind believes in the most absurd conspiracy theories. I am out of here. Get your wisdom from Dr. Ruggiero, I am sure you subscribe to his kind of wares.

#83     Mar 29, 2015
  4. In detail? Whoa, good one Louis CK.

I just started this thread after I read,
    Building Winning Algorithmic Trading Systems, + Website: A Trader's Journey From Data Mining to Monte Carlo Simulation to Live Trading by Kevin Davey
    The Evaluation and Optimization of Trading Strategies by Robert Pardo.
    Both talked about backtesting and WFA, and I had a question that was not answered by both books.

These prejudiced claims you make, proves my point of you having a psychological problem. Don't know who Dr. Ruggiero is.

Yea, bugger off. Call a psychiatrist.

#84     Mar 29, 2015
  5. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

You will learn how to win by losing real money in the real market.

#85     Mar 29, 2015
  6. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

Building Winning Algorithmic Trading Systems, + Website: A Trader's Journey From Data Mining to Monte Carlo Simulation to Live Trading by Kevin Davey

Kevin's book is very good I gave it a editorial review on Amazon ,

"Kevin Davey has a unique understanding of systems and the markets I have only seen in a few people over the years. 90% of trading books written today are useless. This book impressed me. This book is a must read for anyone who is interested in trading using a systematic approach. I put this book on my list of the top 50 most useful books on trading of all time. "
    - Murray A. Ruggiero, Jr. - Chief Systems Designer at Tuttle Tactical Management, Contributing Editor of Futures Magazine, Author of "Cybernetic Trading Strategies" and "Using Easy Language 9.X."

You can see it on amazon. See it's of value, I don't make a Dime from it , but it's a good resource for beginners to intermediate developers. So I see how you started this thread because of this book.

#86     Mar 30, 2015
    kojinakata likes this.
  7. Kindle version $45, paper back $125? That must indeed be special paper its printed on. Sounds interesting though for beginners. Though this book being mentioned alongside Howard Bandy surprises a little...

#87     Mar 30, 2015
  8. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

The book is $57.61 on amazon paperback, so I don't know where you got the $125.00, maybe trying to find a harmonic of price or something with that fancy thesis template where you can fill in your own name you have.

#88     Mar 31, 2015
    kojinakata likes this.
  9. I stand corrected, when I checked before it was priced at 125 (several different versions, some with access to a website some without at slightly cheaper prices but nonetheless in the 125 dollar range), now when I checked back it indeed showed up as $57.61. Thanks for pointing it out.

And seems you have a new fan, seems all the "likes" you got are from kojinakata, maybe he will trial your software app.

#89     Mar 31, 2015
  10. Why do you backtest guys? Better donate your money to charity form start and forget about it. Trolls.

#90     Apr 2, 2015