IQ Feed unreliable, any suggestion to replace it?

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by rb7, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Gambit

Gambit

All of the platforms I mentioned are dual purpose, execution and data combined.

#21     Sep 18, 2015
  2. apdxyk

apdxyk

May I suggest a service where the quote feed and execution feed networks are separated? My Photon Trader does that, and at the time of announcements I hear execution sounds before I can see them on the screen, when I place a bracket like that.

#22     Sep 18, 2015
  3. rb7

rb7

@apdxyk, Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm on the impression that Photon Trader needs an account with FuturePath Trading. I'm using IB an my executing broker and also their API for order management/execution and I don't want to change that. I'm looking to only replace IQFeed as a market data provider.

#23     Sep 20, 2015
  4. I'm having the same/similar problem except no fast market conditions and I subscribe to symbols only once a day. Would you guys consider sending notification emails to your customers when these type of issues are reported? This isn't the first time I could have caught something much earlier if a notice was sent.

#24     Sep 21, 2015
    Craig66 likes this.
  5. Craig66

Craig66

I agree.

#25     Sep 21, 2015
  6. apdxyk

apdxyk

Yes, Linda Raschke liked the Photon Trader so much that she bought the brokerage with the rights and source code. And I don't think you have stocks there. PhotonTrader data feed is powered by Rithmic. So, as others suggested, you may look into Rithmic and associated marketplace. I simply suggested to look for robust feeds with dedicated separate nets for execution and display purposes. On top of that, they keep them underutilized for fast market surges, i.e. they have dynamic excess capacity. There are plenty others, but we may not like the costs.

#26     Sep 21, 2015
  7. wwwingman

wwwingman

I am using IQFeed for the past 4+ years and it worked fine, during most of the time, pics of data included. However, during the past month (september 2015) I had few reliability problems with IQFeed. Mostfly during European hours or weekends or during US pre market hours.

So I am considering to leave IQFeed. I use SierraChart, so consider their feed, at least temporarily. Rithmic is also know to be good for price AND orderflow.

If your problems occur during pics of data, be sure it is not your platform. For exemple, MarketDelta/IRT hang on me regularly on high data volume. Had same issues with Ninja, less often. Never with SierraChart.

-- W.

#27     Sep 28, 2015
  8. You're absolutely right, I'm also having a similar problem with IQFeed but unlike everyone else I appreciate your raw honesty

#28     Jan 26, 2016
    KeLo likes this.