Intuition Amplifiers 2

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by MAESTRO, Feb 27, 2013.

1. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

No, unfortunately I am not that good. I do OK and can trade fairly reliably, but I am far worse than some of my IA traders! (For one thing I am too old to be an active trader). One of them (he is from East Texas) does 2 - 4 % return a day for more than 3 years now. His longest no loses day streak has been 158 days! Now that is impressive! It’s like chess – there is no limit of how far you can take it!

#771     May 13, 2013
  2. So here we are reaching our final conclusion: only gifted and superior are meant to make cash this way and no amount of trading aids is going to make average moron behind home desk a market guru. Is that right? I hope people start realizing that before they give away their hard earned munnies to 10% of chosen ones ;)

#772     May 13, 2013
  3. sorry I could not help laughing at fatality666 ( what a nickname with a 666 to enhance it!) conclusions.
    Let's say this is another example of :
    every trading method works in the right hands. :)

#773     May 16, 2013
  4. ammo

ammo

logic and words are just tools,comprehension is enhanced or stifled with greater and lesser amounts of data,your quest is a search for the underlying source,sadly, words bastardize thought,the few who master them go down as the greatest writers,orators of all time, if there were a translator that could put to print everything in your head about the intuition......

#774     May 16, 2013
    beginner66 likes this.
  5. No offence taken, this is how it ends when every login you are interested in has been already taken ;) According to your opinion, I concur. There is no tool that fits everyone.

#775     May 16, 2013
  6. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

Well, the chance of winning a lottery is a lot slimmer than becoming a good trader. However, the Atlantic Lottery Corporation has published that just 1.4 million adults who live in Eastern Canada create over 1 billion dollars revenue a year buying lottery tickets. Go figure! :)
    At least using IAs up to 40% of people will have a chance to succeed. In my books it is far better than the lottery and any other business.

Cheers,

MAESTRO

#776     May 16, 2013
  7. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

Well, the world has changed! Today’s markets are drastically different from years past. Your grandfather's technical and fundamental analyses are no longer up for the challenge. A new breed of computerized black boxes, quantitative algorithms and HFT systems are leaving you less and less to profit from. So, where is hope?

Intuition Amplifiers – a new type of thinking about the markets, an out of the box approach that is based on psychology rather than on charts. Think of what is really moving the market - sentiment and trader's perception. Do not be afraid to use your intuition to anticipate upcoming market movements.

You are not obsolete. Your brain is still the best computer available to mankind. Most market movements are the result of market participants making decisions based on subjective impressions and beliefs and not on rational analysis. The reality is that herd-like spontaneously synchronized actions move the markets irrationally. Use your brain, amplify your gut feel and survive! There is no other way - adapt or admit defeat!

#777     May 21, 2013
  8. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

On each of 100 trials, you are asked to guess whether a light that goes on 70 percent of the time will go on. You get a dollar each time your guess ("yes" or "no") is correct. Visualize the first ten trials. People typically guess "yes" about 70 percent of the time, their intuitions leave them with emptier pockets-about $58 - than if they simply guessed "yes" all the time, producing about $70."` *Guessing "yes" 70 percent of the time would produce about $49 for correct yes's (.7 X 70 = 49) and about $9 for correct no's (.3 X 30 = 9). So, can you see the straight forward application of this misperception in trading?

#778     May 22, 2013
  9. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyeLF_a2iW0

I caught a pretty interesting show about brain perceptions, illusions, and limitations. Towards the end, there's a segment on overriding brain mechanisms (e.g. worry) that interfere with performance based subconscious activities like golf swings. Might be interesting to viewers here.

It's called, "Test Your Brain," hosted by National Geographic.

#779     May 25, 2013
  10. tag r1

tag r1

If you are interested in improving intuition , try this :

Take a deck of playing cards , remove the jockers and advertisment cards so you are left with only the Aces, Face , and Number cards.

You will painly see that there will be only ** RED ** and ** BLACK **

Shuffle the deck of cards OR have some one else shuffle them for you.

Place the cards face down infront of you . DO NOT attempt to TOUCH or PLACE the PALM of your hand anywhere near the deck of cards. It looks really!! really!! stupid and it does not work . If you wanted to find someone at night, sure, use your palm ( you can sense IR with the palm ), it wont work on a deck of cards . Cards are inatimate . The only people that i have seen that could do this with great regularity are Apache Indians , just so you know . Use your INTUITION to the top card only, to see ( feedback ) if the card is RED or BLACK .

Now have three locations where you will place cards . One location will be for the GOT IT CORRECT cards. One location will be for the GOT IT INCORRECT cards . Another location will be for PASS cards. By PASS , i am meaning that you are unsure if the card is RED or BLACK . This is IMPORTANT . You need to have a PASS option with the card that you were unsure . Keep it face down .

Now comes the hard part . Clear you mind completely , no chatter at all . No thinking allowed at all. You're not going to meditate , nothin. Your first reaction to the top card is _____ or ____ or ____ .

At the end count up the cards , do the percentages , and LOG THE RESULTS of your attempt at intuition . Dont get anxious , depressed, overjoyed . Just log it down , and go on to the next trial, tomorrow , or the next day or whatever.

Do this over a period of time ( months ) , and make sure you log your results . You want at least 400 trials to see how you do

Have Fun

#780     May 29, 2013