Interactive Brokers TWS Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Kensho, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Daal

Daal

Then why the recommended settings are 4GB+ RAM?

#231     Apr 26, 2013
  2. dst

dst Interactive Brokers

You need space for Win7 runtime (especially 64 bit), your API client plus automated trading system, and any other apps you also might be running (browser, email client etc); note that previous poster regulus was also running Multicharts 64.

The sweet spot is 8Gb RAM (in this config you might want to turn off os pagination for better performance) with Core i7 CPU and SSD or hybrid drive.

#232     Apr 26, 2013
  3. Bob111

Bob111

---The sweet spot is 8Gb RAM (in this config you might want to turn off os pagination for better performance) with Core i7 CPU and SSD or hybrid drive.---

nice...the evolution of TWS. decade ago it was small and will run on any PC. now the sweet spot is a setup that will cost you at least 1K.

#233     Apr 26, 2013
  4. No weekly options on browser-based, and of course still no risknav on download.

#234     Apr 26, 2013
  5. dst

dst Interactive Brokers

I see both weekly options (for e.g. AAPL) and risknav on 938 build, which is latest browser based; please report your issue to our customer support (e.g. via ticket in account management), thank you.

#235     Apr 26, 2013
  6. Daal

Daal

You must be mistaken about the CPU. I have a core i3 3rd gen and it is barely used through the day. The avg usage is surely bellow 30% and it rarely spikes much

#236     Apr 26, 2013
  7. regulus

regulus

Dennis,
    In order to work around the issue, I changed the 768M default setting for Java maximum heap size to 5G via the Xmx command in the shortcut target field. With this setting, javaw.exe can reach several GB but then will eventually crash. There are no any other processes related to javaw.exe, since when I close TWS, the javaw.exe process will disappear.

I can reproduce this behavior with all TWS versions > 932.4 and with both Java 32 and 64 Bit. Every time I downgraded from the then latest version to 932.4, the issue disppeared completely. With TWS <= 932.4 and more than 80 Charts of tick data in MultiCharts64, I have just around 400 MB of memory consumption after several days of continuous operation.

#237     Apr 26, 2013
  8. dst

dst Interactive Brokers

Thank you very much for working with us to troubleshoot this issue; it was addressed in just posted TWS beta 9401o, and would soon go out as part of 939 latest build. Would you please try beta and confirm it is working as expected, once we know that we can backport the fix to older builds (e.g. 936).

#238     Jul 15, 2013
  9. regulus

regulus

This is very good news indeed. I did some time testing with browser based TWS beta 940.1p and Multicharts64. The memory leak issue seems to be resolved, as javaw.exe size stays around 300 MB for hours. I hope the standalone version will show the same behavior with this fix ported to them. Thanks for your support.

#239     Jul 17, 2013
  10. sqflyer

sqflyer

Hi all,

This is my first post here. I'm not very familiar with TWS having only used Interactive Brokers for few months.

The issue I have right now is that I can't seem to be able to type any ticker symbols into either my watchlist or into the search bar at the top of the user interface.

I thought I might be on a 'Read only' access mode however I was able to make trades just not able to type in any new securities.

Cheers and sincere apologies if I've been using the wrong terminology. Have been trying to figure out if I accidentally clicked on something. All information is appreciated.

#240     Jul 19, 2013