I'm 21 years old, couldn't enter University, planning to trade full-time.

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by zenon12, Nov 18, 2015.

1. zenon12

zenon12

I understand what you mean, however I feel that I am willing to study about investing/trading because firstly, it is my passion. Secondly, I have more motivation to get good at investing/trading as I can directly get richer if I have the skills. Compare this to knowing some organic chemistry reactions or how to synthesize a substance into an ester in 3 steps - how would knowing those help me get richer? Besides that, I think even if I do get a degree and get a office job, so what? I'll still be middle-income, struggling to pay off bills and debts. The only way I can get rich is by setting up my own business or investing/trading, so I might as well do it now and achieve my dream of becoming a millionaire.

#11     Nov 18, 2015
    VPhantom and lawrence-lugar like this.
  2. d08

d08

Couldn't disagree more. I have a very poor education (quit college) and always did fairly poorly in school due to lack of interest. Learning trading is nothing like that, it's interesting and captivating. Plenty of people who did poorly academically end up as hard-working people, it's a question of motivation and whether one likes authority.
    Now, if the OP thinks learning to trade is boring and only cares about the end result, money, then yes he will fail.

#12     Nov 18, 2015
    luisHK and VPhantom like this.
  3. Get rich first, then trade. Trying to survive by trading without another income source is ridiculous if u are poor starting out.

#13     Nov 18, 2015
  4. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

You're completely lost.

The issue isn't chemistry and I made no suggestions that you go to school. The issue is that you need to learn how to learn. That's something you have stated so far you have not been able to do and you have an unrealistic belief that you will suddenly be able to "learn how to learn" when you have your money on the line in the most stressful situations involving money that one can imagine.

Like I suggested before...not much of a debate.

Just do it and you can then ask at a later date why your plan didn't work.

Short answer...you didn't learn how to learn.

P.S. Your use of the words getting rich and becoming a millionaire as a primary goal (most successful traders aren't rich) is a huge red flag because you have not mentioned anything about an actual trading plan. The only thing you talk about is money. That's a big red flag. Simply, had you discussed your actual trading plan and didn't mentioned anything about getting rich or becoming a millionaire...I would have said you're on the right path.

I'm also willing to bet you'll spend most of your time debating about the above.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
    #14     Nov 18, 2015
    i960, Wingz, londonkid and 2 others like this.
  5. xandman

xandman

A lot of Singaporeans go overseas. Get a degree from Australia. If you can't afford it, go to Indonesia,Malaysia, Philippines. (I would go to India if I ran out of funds.)

Your college degree will be a foundation for learning. Not having a degree can lead you to esoteric ideas about the markets by path of least resistance.

Getting into trading full time because you didn't make it into the university or lost a job is an act of desperation. Additional pressure that you don't need in trading.

Best to go full time trading because: Your making so much money trading that school and work seem like a big waste of time. And, that means you had more than $100K to begin with.

#15     Nov 18, 2015
  6. Humpy

Humpy

Don't take too much notice of the negative lot. Just download the demo and get started right away.

#16     Nov 18, 2015
  7. spoken like a drug pusher

#17     Nov 18, 2015
    Gambit and marketsurfer like this.
  8. Or a stealth vendor....

#18     Nov 18, 2015
    Gambit likes this.
  9. The best advice so far.

#19     Nov 18, 2015
  10. same difference... nutin' doin' is all

#20     Nov 18, 2015