If you had to do it all over again.......

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by da11, Mar 20, 2015.

1. BSAM

BSAM

Guys, brother Magna very courteously asked for civility.
    We all have our opinions about brother Surf, but the thread is getting way outta control.
    Time for "back on topic" conversation.

#61     Mar 23, 2015
    marketsurfer likes this.
  2. Datum

Datum

I guess it's just an ongoing general finding. NoD is probably just wondering where the ones that actually DO the work are. Maybe they just don't post much. They also probably don't want to be bothered with **what's next**. Let me explain...

After I read that last post, it was clear to me what I needed to do. I went back and gathered all her 2014 posts. Printed them all, read them all, highlighted what was important (to me) to develop my trading method/strategy/plan (whatever you want to call it). Here is the result so far (see attachment).

[​IMG]

So, now, DB, **what's next**? But you already know what's next, I'll be bombarded with posts like :
    "OK, Datum, so you did the work...BRAVO!!, now show me your audited multi-million $ statements, Scottsdale mansion, branded GULFSTREAM G3 as well as your GOLD plated bugatti veyron."

Before anyone starts asking me this, please let me tell you I am NOT consistently profitable yet as I am still in the back testing stages of my journey, but I can certainly tell you the method I've extracted from my hard work is without a shadow of a doubt a positive expectancy one. Will I be able to trade it LIVE with similar results? That's another story. One thing is for sure tho, I won't stop until I can. Because right here, right now, I am doing it all over again.......

• work.jpg
      work.jpg
      File size:
      97.7 KB
      Views:
    #62     Mar 23, 2015
    dartmus and fortydraws like this.
  3. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

You're right, of course. I hear from many people through emails and PMs that they are enjoying success with what I've offered (just recently a physicist, a chemist, and a mathematician). But they don't want to post, for obvious reasons (just review this thread, one of a great many just like it). And I have no doubt that there are many out there like you who are enjoying success with what Donna has provided. And it's a shame, since those who are struggling to get back onto the correct path could learn much from those who are going through the process, not just those who have completed it.

I hope Donna sees this. She needs to know that she has not wasted her time.

#63     Mar 23, 2015
    fortydraws and kut2k2 like this.
  4. kut2k2

kut2k2

What's hilarious is that position sizing has been distilled down into a science, and nowhere near as complicated as rocket science. These academics are generally clueless about something that can be figured out by almost any competent sophomore engineering student.

#64     Mar 23, 2015
    justrading likes this.
  5. NoDoji

NoDoji

Bro Surf, little retail traders like me who ride the coattails of the big players that have to get in and out of very large positions don't utilize or need the services of quants and PhD's; the HFT firms do that to try and outsmart each other.

#65     Mar 25, 2015
    fortydraws, kut2k2 and dbphoenix like this.
  6. NeoTrader

NeoTrader

Hello, how are you? I´m new to ET, but I have been trading for almost 7 years now, 4 of them with PA, especifically BPA, but no consistent profits yet. I study a lot, I follow every session, every day. I read what you wrote and it got me interested. I copied it down here so you know, but I basically wanted to ask you if the trader you mantioned is a famous one or it´s someone close to you?

#66     Mar 26, 2015
  7. qxr1011

qxr1011

I would change nothing: there is no substitution for the experience, and you it should be your own experience - bad and good ...

Also I do not believe in any trading courses. :)

#67     Mar 26, 2015
  8. da11

da11

Interesting comments from everyone. I appreciate the replies even if they are off topic.

My main reason for posting this question was to learn and try and avoid making mistakes early,possibly accelerating the path to successful trading.

I have a long list of things I would do different in my career that would have saved me hundreds of thousands of dollars and perhaps put me in a better position than I'm in now. However, like qxr stated, the experience is invaluable.

#68     Mar 26, 2015
  9. Autodidact

Autodidact

Whatever you do, don't pay for an education, try to learn the way of the market on your own, it's really the best way to come up with a plan and strategy you can actually execute, trading can be a very personal matter.

#69     Mar 26, 2015
  10. PABuster

PABuster

Education (free or paid) is good. But expecting to be profitable just with those paid education is not a good expectation to have. One need to learn the market DNA with hours and hours of screentime and come up with a trading plan that suits your personality.

#70     Mar 27, 2015
    slugar and fortydraws like this.