IB Hong Kong based accounts transferred to newly formed IB HK

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by luisHK, Nov 20, 2015.

1. None of the IB users in any forum I saw believes what they said about HK SFC. Really none. Then you ask one by one why includes local HK forum in Chinese. There were much more discussion about this topic in local forum.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
    #31     Dec 29, 2015
  2. OK, understood, you don't believe or trust IB. One last time, then -- why are you still doing business with them?

#32     Dec 29, 2015
  3. One last time, I have already answered, read above.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
    #33     Dec 29, 2015
  4. #34     Jan 19, 2016
  5. Even dow jones raised over 100 points, IBKR still dropped 4.43% to $31.96. Who knows what is going on except you are insider?

#35     Jan 21, 2016
  6. ttymc

ttymc

Did anyone study the original IBLLC contract and the difference with with the IBHK contract?
    Also, many of you may read the audit report for the listed ibkr, however, how's the performance of the ibhk account figures performing?

#36     Feb 23, 2016
  7. So still $0 protection for HK IB customers hold any non-HK stocks, like US stocks?

#37     Apr 22, 2017
  8. Hi def,

After moving the account to IB HK, does this mean that Hong Kong residents who are customers of IBKR will not enjoy SIPC protection for their stocks?

#38     Apr 24, 2017
  9. That hk gov 150KHKD protection doesnt protect any non hk investment, which means IB HK provides ZERO protection for any non hk investment like US UK stock.

#39     Jul 9, 2017
  10. You say IB provides ZERO protection but
    a: when you invest in US stocks, aren't your stocks at a US custodian - in this case IBLLC
    b: you seem to be discounting their $6 billion in shareholder equity and consistent earnings which are retained on the balance sheet.

You're in HK, the probability of China strolling into port with an aircraft carrier is probably higher than what you're whinging about for over a year. Whoops, never mind they already did that. I would fathom you have greater things to worry about.

#40     Jul 11, 2017