I am predicting that US stock markets will have to temporarily close in the next month

Discussion in 'Trading' started by londonkid, Aug 25, 2015.

1. eurusdzn

eurusdzn

interesting, thanks for the info, and good trading to you.

2010 had play by play podcasts of the flash crash and investigation (ahem), for cause.
    This seems ho hum, move along, nothing to see here. Yet i believe your take on it.

US equities about the worst performer the last 5 days vs. emerging and major equity markets.
    Thats something new.

#21     Aug 26, 2015
  2. The markets will never close. it's party time...all, the time. :cool:

#22     Aug 26, 2015
  3. It is not important what the market will do, but WHAT WILL YOU DO IN RESPOND TO THE MARKET?????

As long as you try to predict what the market will do you will never become a successful trader.
    A successful trader has a system to follow, that's all. Less stress and less risk. Risk that at least is know in advance.

#23     Aug 26, 2015
    londonkid likes this.
  4. londonkid

londonkid

let's see how it plays out, I don't think a true asset rotation out of equities has started yet, in fact I know it hasn't! For people who have large amounts invested for the long term my belief is if you don't need to take the risk then don't. capital preservation trumps everything imo.

#24     Aug 26, 2015
  5. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

The market closed because all of downtown Manhattan was covered in World Trade Center. All the transportation lines were blocked. Same with the hurricane in 2012 when 1/2 of battery park was underwater and many of the subways were not operating. Both cases were more to do with the physical ability of NYSE employees going to the building than protecting the market.

They really only close the market when an ex-president dies. So if Carter croaks, londonkid will be right.

#25     Aug 26, 2015
    londonkid likes this.
  6. londonkid

londonkid

did we ever get a solid explanation for that prolonged 8th July trading halt. hmmmm

#26     Aug 26, 2015
  7. luisHK

luisHK

Time to revise your opinion on OP maybe ?

#27     Aug 26, 2015
    londonkid likes this.
  8. luisHK

luisHK

They really do that ? Duh... do people really care ? And the markets ?

#28     Aug 26, 2015
  9. londonkid

londonkid

short Dow cash CFD 16055 stop 16190 target open :)

#29     Aug 26, 2015
  10. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

Yeah. Last time was around 2003-2004 when Reagan died.

It's done out of respect.

#30     Aug 26, 2015