I am buying at ASK but my orders do not get filled right away??

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by Shaun, Nov 27, 2014.

1. 1245

I don't know anything about Das TRader. It is likely the smart route is still from IB. I don't think Das Trader adds any lag that you can see. Is it worth paying extra for Das Trader? What does it cost?

#11     Nov 27, 2014
  2. 1245

I just looked at Das TRader. $100 to $175 per month. What do you like about it that TWS does not offer?

#12     Nov 27, 2014
  3. Shaun

Shaun

Das is $120 a month. I chose Das Trader's platform because it was one I was comfortable with. I have only been with them for 3 weeks (I have only been trading for 3 weeks).

I cancelled my subscription last week because it isnt worth the extra cost, especially since I am a new trader and trading such small quantities. I still have until December 7th with them. I was thinking of emailing them and tell them my situation to reduce the cost, because I really do love the simplicity of the platform. But it is too expensive for my trading at the moment.

TWS seems complicated but I suppose I havent gave it much of a chance. I will play around with TWS some more

#13     Nov 27, 2014
  4. 1245

You can call both. Can't hurt. I believe that Das Trader will blame IB and IB will read some pre-written card talking about how they offer the best execution in the world.

#14     Nov 27, 2014
  5. phili

phili

If you like the ask price and your looking for better speed just buy at the market. Your limit prices, even if your limit is the market price will cause delays.

#15     Nov 27, 2014
  6. 1245

I would NEVER recommend market orders, ever. That can be painful and you have no one to complain to.

#16     Nov 27, 2014
    Risk619 and Occam like this.
  7. loyek590

loyek590

if you are trading in a paper account, your limit or even mkt order will not be filled until an actual trade occurs at your executable price.

In a real account you will get filled before you can say Jack Frost, and sometimes before you can say "Jack Shit"

#17     Nov 28, 2014
    Mr.Blonde likes this.
  8. NoBias

NoBias

It is imperative that you are completely familiar with TWS before you use a Front end. This includes order entry, cancellation, modification, order types, configuration, market hours, maintenance periods, contract descriptions, contract expiration's, special labeling, margin & risk policies, How orders/stop's are handled, Data limitations, pacing errors, etc...

It is not a matter of "if", but "when" something catastrophic happens. That is not the time to learn your Brokers primary platform. When the Front end pukes is not the time to get out the manual.

Only one way to learn it and that is by first going through the users guide completely.

https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=1537

Once that is completed you may consider using IB's integrated Multicharts for intraday charting and if you desire order entry as well for a minimal monthly fee.
    [still much lower than what you are currently paying]

Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
    #18     Nov 28, 2014
  9. loyek590

loyek590

whatever, or just understand the difference between paper and real

#19     Nov 28, 2014
  10. If your order has a Stop attached, it is actually managed on the IB server and they occasionally miss executions. If your order was a simple limit order, without a stop, it went to the exchange and was in a queue to be filled. It's possible there were other orders in front of you being filled first.

#20     Nov 28, 2014