Human-€induced climate change requires urgent action

Discussion in 'Politics' started by futurecurrents, Aug 7, 2014.

1. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

We all place different values on our time. Some try to be productive. Some try to be 'tards.

I miss the internet of twenty years ago.

#471     Sep 12, 2014
  2. fhl

fhl

Yeah, we do know the difference. It used to be called global warming but it didn't get warm. Now it's climate change. LOL

#472     Sep 12, 2014
  3. Ricter

Ricter

Interesting opinion there. It occurs to me that you (and I) can maybe still have the internet of 20 years ago, if we stay away from all forums and comment sections, everywhere. Oh, and cut the number of sites we visit down to 20.
    :D

#473     Sep 12, 2014
  4. piezoe

piezoe

Congratulations, this article is about you and others like you. Like Elizabeth Kolbert, for example. see: http://www.webcitation.org/6JhfqVziU

#474     Sep 12, 2014
  5. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

I have different expectations these days. And not nearly so much time. Although now that the crops are in, there's little to do until February.

Be that as it may, I post stuff I think people might be interested in. If they are, fine. If they aren't, fine. I don't even read most of the comments since I know what the content will be according to who made the post. But what I post gets tons of views, so there's no reason not to continue. Those who are irritated by it are free to put me on Ignore (I do find it funny that people can be so eager to score against me that they wind up posting nonsense :)).

#475     Sep 12, 2014
  6. fhl

fhl

#476     Sep 12, 2014
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

Rapid City, SD has earliest season snow since 1888

#477     Sep 12, 2014
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

#478     Sep 12, 2014
  9. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Cars run so much cleaner now that it has made a difference and it isn't because of local smog testing rackets.

It is due to the car makers having to meet requirements mandated by the feds. To me that is an example of something the federal government should actually be doing and is. A pretty rare example lol.

#479     Sep 12, 2014
  10. Ricter

Ricter

Can we add fuel efficiency mandates to this? I was just reading an article at Forbes re falling gasoline prices.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/maggiem...s-near-3-per-gallon-exxon-and-chevron-suffer/

#480     Sep 12, 2014