How To Spot A Con Man

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by marketsurfer, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Bry

Bry

No prob. I will send you a check for $100k. Deposit it, and send back to me the extra $50k immediately and you have a deal!

#61     Dec 1, 2015
  2. Chewy

Chewy

Oh Thank You the check is in the mail. Most generous of you.

#62     Dec 1, 2015
  3. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

It's simple. What I normally do when presented with offers or opportunity, is ask myself " Did I initiate this?" When I answer this question with a no. I walk away or hang up with extreme prejudice. Be wary of individuals using a Kramer frutes type of pitch.

#63     Dec 1, 2015
  4. Humpy

Humpy

Haven't you guys bought The Brooklyn bridge yet ?
    They say the Golden Gate bridge is up for sale soon.

:rolleyes:

#64     Dec 29, 2015
  5. Humpy

Humpy

#65     Dec 29, 2015
  6. prc117f

prc117f

Yeah the big ostentatious bigmouths are obvious scammers. What amazes me is how they can reel in so many suckers.

#66     Jan 2, 2016
  7. Humpy

Humpy

It's a matter of " sifting the chaff from the wheat ".
    One might miss a " chance in a lifetime " opportunity being too judgemental.

#67     Jan 3, 2016
  8. Come to NY, they will eat you alive.. Anyway, your focus shouldn't be on a con man, but on the bigger picture... And the bigger picture is, the Whole world (system ) is a scam.. Taxes, the president, wars, debt, a lot churches, etc... Even these big time charities... Most people focus on individuals too much.. Be aware of the bigger problem..

#68     Jan 3, 2016
  9. I worked in NYC for 7 years. There are far more confidence men /scams in fl.

surf

#69     Jan 3, 2016
  10. #70     Jan 3, 2016