How Sweden fights inequality — without soaking the rich

Discussion in 'Economics' started by dbphoenix, Oct 16, 2014.

1. What I really admire about Sweeden is they can test things where we would all say that would be crazy :
    like the prison system. I have been showing these prison videos to many people and they could not believe these were true. :)

#51     Oct 30, 2014

2. I have tried India, my fav being Goa - preference however is Sweden

Try this 48-hr cruise Stockholm to Helsinki party round the clock ratio dames to fellas = 4:1

upload_2014-10-30_23-45-32.jpeg upload_2014-10-30_23-46-17.jpeg upload_2014-10-30_23-50-7.jpeg

#52     Oct 30, 2014
  3. convexx

convexx

The most important thing for longevity (avoiding tobacco, drugs) is adequate rest. I take valerian for sleep on the weekends and we have a live-in to get the kids ready for school. I moved to LT because I was a competitive cyclist and the trails and skiing are world-class. I was going to take a gig in Manhattan and can't do that again.

#53     Oct 30, 2014
  4. convexx

convexx

#54     Oct 30, 2014

5. Prison is a 5-star hotel - your girlfriend can conjugal visit, tons of movie channels, exercise time, great food. Better than the YMCA by a mile :D

#55     Oct 30, 2014

6. Did you go to Anjuna beach? Vagator?

#56     Oct 30, 2014
  7. Nobody believes these are real prisons !!!!
    Some even offered to go to Sweden, commit some crime and report!

#57     Oct 30, 2014
  8. Well spotted for the cruises :
    Adding on my list = take all the family in for a great time.
    More family values oriented nowdays. ;)

#58     Oct 30, 2014

9. If the unemployed fellas stateside find out, they'd make a mad dash for Sweden.

Check this out - if you're sick and decide to not go to work for the day or more, then later in the day just go to the Forsakringskasa (govt. workmen's comp) and collect your cash in under a few minutes no hassles.

#59     Oct 30, 2014
  10. Ah ! you are into longevity ? why the worry about longevity ?
    You live well, then it is ok to die one day, no?

Ah kids!!! I had to deal with one toddler lately :). I don't know where this toddler power comes from. Ouch!!!
    But she definitively knows how to boss people around. Only her mum knows how to
    handle her. :) :) :)

Must be a strange feeling to have to abandon one huge interests ( going to take ... but can't do that again).
    You are very courageous to be able to accept these. Well done.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2014
    #60     Oct 30, 2014