How Obamacare is Cutting Your Salary -- And Your Vacation Budget

Discussion in 'Politics' started by gwb-trading, Feb 6, 2016.

1. piezoe

piezoe

One indisputable fact that I believe is very important for all of us to be aware of is that our costs are way, way above the comparable cost in all other comparable countries. We must bring cost down.

#21     Feb 9, 2016
  2. piezoe

piezoe

That doesn't address the question I had relative to gwb's comment. This is important to me. Does the baby being born in the U.S., to parents (plural) here illegally, qualify the Parents for means tested benefits?

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
    #22     Feb 9, 2016
  3. piezoe

piezoe

My understanding is that you have to show some government issued identification, and to obtain that identification you have to show some kind of identification that is ultimately traceable to a birth certificate, or show a birth certificate itself. For example, think back to your first drivers license. What type of I.D. was required to get it.? A birth certificate or a passport, right?

#23     Feb 9, 2016
  4. yes, because by our law that baby is a citizen. The benefits go to citizens. But if the citizen is a minor, it goes to their legal guardian, whether that guardian is legal or not. And no, the parents don't qulalify, but benefits are based on family income, so same thing.

So two married citizens with little or no income may qualify for food stamps. But two identical illegals with the same little or no income will not qualify for benefits. But once they each have a baby they are treated as a family unit whether the parents are legal or not and all things being equal get the same benefits, because the benefits are based on family income and size.

To reiterate, An illegal mother and a native born citizen baby get the same benefits as a legal mother and legal baby. They don't give the legal baby only 50% because the mother is illegal.

And to further concern you, those benefits go away for the parents when that child becomes 18 or moves out. So it is a good idea if you are illegal to always have a new one in waiting. But still when the fertility clock runs out and you no longer qualify there will be no social security or medicare for you since you are not a citizen. Although I think even that law is up for grabs right now if an illegal has paid FICA.

#24     Feb 9, 2016
    gwb-trading likes this.
  5. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

I agree.

#25     Feb 9, 2016
  6. our costs are higher because we pay for the R&D. If Canada had to develope their drugs and Europe had to develope their own drugs and they each had the FDA to deal with, I think you would see some cost equality.

otherwise, Obamacare didn't give me healthcare, it just made me buy insurance which on my stupid bronze plan is so expensive and my deductable is so high that if I ever get sick I don't know what I am going to do. It better be a bad sickness, enough to take out my deductable or I am going to have to choose between going to the doctor or paying my insurance premium.

#26     Feb 9, 2016
    AAAintheBeltway likes this.
  7. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Yes, they do. I worked on IT projects in several states to process the paperwork for these benefits for children of illegal immigrants. Keep in mind that the children are U.S. citizens and their families (parents) qualify for these benefits due to the children being citizens... assuming the families meet low income qualifications.

#27     Feb 9, 2016
  8. piezoe

piezoe

Thank you. I stand corrected. My understanding of how this situation was handled was incorrect. (I am assuming you are correct.)

#28     Feb 10, 2016
  9. piezoe

piezoe

Thank you! I was totally unaware that the parents could also qualify for benefits such as medicare, though I knew the child could. I am firmly against conferring citizenship on someone born here to parents here illegally. That is one of the most illogical things that I can conceive of. My solution would be to care for both parents and child while they are in the deportation process, and get them out of the country as quickly, and humanely, as possible.

I know that there is a problem created by our government and the employers who hire these illegals, and there are some very big companies that make a practice of this and influence government policy. Howard industries in Ellisville Mississippi is one such company. And I would be rather shocked to find that the big poultry processors in the Deep South are not also hiring many illegals. (How this is handled with the IRS baffles me. Why aren't the employers of these illegals in jail?) In some instances this practice has gone on for so long that the children born to these illegal workers are graduates of American public schools and have lived, through no fault of their own, their entire lives in the U.S. Whatever solution is arrived at to get this situation under control must take account of this situation. I can conceive of some compromise, cut-off age for the child, beyond which the child and parent can be offered a path to legalization. But we must get this problem under control. The most effective way would be to start jailing the employers. I guarantee that would quickly solve the problem created by employers hiring illegals, but it would make the residual problem of all those illegals, with children born here, even worse. What a mess for us our vaunted American Business Community has created for us all!

#29     Feb 10, 2016
  10. where to start
    First of all you nailed it, it would be easy to change it to anyone born on US soil whose parents are legal is a citizen. My great grandfather was never a citizen and never learned to speak English, but he was legal. So in those days that made my grandmother (born on us soil) a U.S. citizen.

E verify is a hot topic. Even in the conservative State of Arizona there was a hot debate about how e verify would destroy Nogales.

Two wrongs don't make a right

The big wrong is closing the border, "Building a Wall!" A beautiful wall! "Paid for by Mexico"
    and while we are at it, we should also outlaw drugs since they are causing most of our problems

#30     Feb 10, 2016