How does someone get the capital required to turn trading into a business?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by cornholio, Mar 22, 2014.

1. See attachment. Ok I'm done about tst.

#41     Mar 26, 2014
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

If you kept on reading he corrected himself and stated it was a different person.

#42     Mar 26, 2014
  3. cornholio :
    so as you get down to the real 'issues' : why not drop 175$ and give a go to their basic combine ?

#43     Mar 26, 2014
  4. Because i'm not a scalper. I would need the 100K-150K combine for swing trading. Downloaded the demo and looked at the product list. Not enough instrument choices to trade for ME. So done with this option pretty much. Moving on.

Edit. But they are supposedly making a forex combine 'soon'. So I might check that out.

#44     Mar 26, 2014
  5. Just found out that a prop firm called Hard8trading, says that it provides seed capital to traders with proven track records. Sounds legit. Some other prop firms say that they hire experienced traders with track records. Not sure if that's the same thing as hard8's seeding program...Anyways, something else to look into.

#45     Mar 26, 2014
  6. dealmaker

dealmaker

Friends and family...

#46     Mar 26, 2014
    d08 likes this.
  7. Maverick74

Maverick74

Not if he wants to keep them.

#47     Mar 26, 2014
    Jimmy Ray likes this.
  8. Maverick74

Maverick74

I know the firm. You need to live in Chicago and work in their office and you better have a hard quantitative edge that you can "prove" to get funding. If you mention squiggly lines on a chart with pretty colors they'll toss you out of the interview.

#48     Mar 26, 2014
  9. Interesting. There is a firm in London that has a similar setup as TopStep but they are geared toward FX which is what I like. Only thing is that they "force" you to trade like TopStep. You need to trade 20 days in a 25 day period...I don't freeking get this why do they force you to trade everyday? O yeah, website: http://www.surcaptrading.com/mt4programme/

#49     Mar 27, 2014
  10. brad10

brad10

They force you to trade because then you will overtrade and lose money and pay again to try the combine again. Cha-ching for Topstep. Boo for you.

They got ran off of these boards already and went to a different forum. Traders on elitetrader are smarter than that.

#50     Mar 27, 2014