How do u deal w/ emotions from outside trading, like girls(friends)?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by lemarche, Sep 15, 2015.

1. I agree, that sounds like a fun/sexy life when you're young... :p (money and girls) -- but has no soul or substance in it...that every human virtually seeks.

#11     Sep 15, 2015
  2. Leo Chu

Leo Chu

So, how are u going to spend your money when u are rich?

#12     Sep 15, 2015
  3. Collecting fine watches...I want this Patek Philippe Celestial 5102J watch -- I'd buy it now, if $200K were nothing to me.
    (I would spend all of my money before I die...instead of transferring it to relatives or charities. lol)
    [​IMG]

#13     Sep 15, 2015
  4. luisHK

luisHK

Am I the only one who has a hard time reconciling both quotes (written by the same poster in a matter of hours ) ?

Lemarche, I actually remember a spanish poster on this website who's first name is Jorge, it's not me though.
    Besides i had much more fun datingwise when I was living in Europe, but starting to work from home rather than in a private office has been a killer in this regard, it's not only an Asia thing.

#14     Sep 16, 2015
  5. Yeah Luis, a lot of "impulsive" writing on any internet forum.. always comes less expensive than compulsive trading LOL.

Reasonable advice from Pricechange as well, going back a bit to Luis post. Much more real advice than "don't have emotions in trading" or "keep your emotions in a box during market hours.."

Luis/Pricechange's is the kind of answer I was expecting, which may be why Markets Wizards don t mention relations in the first place: once you are in a stable relationship, it may be nice but there is not much to talk about. (I think the only time I heard it mentioned was from TudorJones some time ago, who said he would substract money from PMs going through a divorce).

@Pricechange, re girls I also have giving up mostly on the partying, and especially, drinking, but not on girls. Just like in trading just a matter of beliefs, if you think you need to get out late at night and be drunk to meet girls (and be a multi millionaire or have a Patek Philippe...).

When reading Lawrence posts, one thing you get reminded of are human urges, women, luxury (greed) are very attractive to men, you need to be aware of them otherwise you could easily lose control. Does that mean you should completely give up on them? I don t hope so. And mostly it s the topic of this post, concerning one special hobby, where unlike skydiving for example, on some occasions, it is a bit more.. difficult to disconnect when you start your trading day.

When it comes to hobbies, I think it all comes down to phases: sometimes you are very interested in a hobby, then you look for another one, sometimes you think watches are great then you buy one and you don t remember why you thought it would be so nice to have that one.. sometimes you feel like meeting tons of girls, sometimes you re just happy with one (I don t mean to say a relationship is a hobby, but you get what I mean), etc.

#15     Sep 16, 2015
  6. cornix

cornix

Counting all days off as money lost is the shortest way to becoming a workaholic and being exposed to chronic stress. Not something recommended to anyone who wants somewhat high quality of life.

#16     Sep 21, 2015
    lemarche likes this.
  7. I have no idea what to say about this case, lol

But the thing is, when you got yourself filled with emotions outside trading and about to start trading, it's better to take a break for hours (or even a day, just in case). Take a cup of warm green tea to calm you down. Don't let your love story interrupts your trading journey...

#17     Oct 30, 2015
  8. Hard sports are great stress relievers and antidepressants. PTJ was a boxer. There are lessons there for those with eyes to see, like not risking too much when taking a position, protecting yourself at all times, waiting patiently for the great opening, preserving your stamina, and of course training for conditioning and technique from others who have succeeded before you. You have to be willing to take a hit, if you want the knockout.

#18     Oct 30, 2015
  9. Yeah Jenal, I agree. I have felt after discussions with someone from family or else better take a few hours break before going back to the screens... that is a good rule. Also agree with sports in general WideTails.

#19     Nov 2, 2015
  10. Visaria

Visaria

#20     Nov 3, 2015