How do I break in with a legit prop firm?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by kmgilroy89, Mar 23, 2015.

1. londonkid

londonkid

I have to jump in here. You are planning to spend 2 years in Vegas breaking even. I fear there is no help for you. That would literally be like throwing time down the toilet.

I am afraid you are very much mistaken here. Being emotionally able to handle variance is a must but not the key to being a profitable trader. If you want to draw parallels I would say game selection is the most important. You have already identified that Omaha at small/mid stakes would be +EV, game selection in trading is the most important thing imo. Did you stop to think that day trading US stocks via WTS is a bad game selection. What others have written about WTS here is completely true and you should listen. There was only ever going to be one winner in the game you chose with WTS. They chose a great game to play you chose a bad one.

You are an intelligent guy. My advice (which I know you are unlikely to follow lol) is to get a solid career AND trade your own account on the side using end of day data. You should be smart about your game selection. You could get a job as a trainee actuary and trade in the evenings.

Good Luck

#41     Apr 12, 2015
  2. londonkid

londonkid

^one of the best sentences I have read on ET.

#42     Apr 16, 2015