How can I automatically setup IB Gateway with Ninjatrader 7

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by warcious, Aug 10, 2015.

1. warcious

warcious

I am evaluating EC2, it is a bit more customized then Workspaces, and I just want to runt Ninjatrader with IB Gateway and IBcontroller to start up IBGateway automatically. No other VPS needs than that.
    Have you evaluated EC2 already?

#21     Aug 20, 2015
  2. RedDuke

RedDuke

The main premis of ec2 is: Amazon EC2 changes the economics of computing by allowing you to pay only for capacity that you actually use.

Why pay per hour so to speak. Workspace will be more than enough for what you trying to do.

#22     Aug 20, 2015
  3. warcious

warcious

I am looking at Workspace right now already, thinking about this package:
    WorkSpaces Bundle Value
    1 vCPU, 2 GiB Memory, 10 GB User Storage. Price $27

But then there is additional cost for internet bandwidth. How much do you end up paying extra for that?

#23     Aug 20, 2015
  4. warcious

warcious

Does anybody know if there is a way to restart Ninjatrader from a batch file, using command arguments?

I want to be able to restart Ninjatrader if TWS software from Interactive brokers crash, so it can reestablish the connection.

#24     Aug 23, 2015
  5. warcious

warcious

RedDuke:
    I am currently evaluating Amazon Workspaces. How can you change the settings for the actual VPS connection using the Amazon Workspaces shortcut? Like changing the regular RDP connection settings with less colors, access to local folders, etc?

Last edited: Aug 23, 2015
    #25     Aug 23, 2015
  6. warcious

warcious

RedDuke: Is the only way to transfer files from your local computer to the Amazon Workspace through using Amazon Workdocs and sync your folder, similar to dropbox?

#26     Aug 23, 2015
  7. RedDuke

RedDuke

Not sure

#27     Aug 24, 2015
  8. RedDuke

RedDuke

Nope. I found the easiest way is to do it is via google drive.

#28     Aug 24, 2015
  9. warcious

warcious

RedDuke:
    I have almost fully automized everything we talked about, through scripting.
    That is:
    IB Gateway
    NT
    data feed

If IB Gateway crashes you have to automatically restart NT as well. Works like a charm.

All I need to do now is find a tool that automatically restarts a program once it is exited or once it crashes.

#29     Aug 26, 2015
  10. RedDuke

RedDuke

Not only it needs to restart, it then needs to establish all connections and reenable all strategies. If you are able to figure all of this out please post on this thread.

Manually doing above things works for me. Also, it is good idea to bounce ninja once a day regardless. We doing it when CME is closed from 4:15-4:30.

#30     Aug 26, 2015