Here is a strategy that beats the S&P

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by K-Pia, May 13, 2016.

1. J_Smith

J_Smith

to beat SP..be busy bee
    lose all fear..of losing dear
    fear will kill..your mind like pill
    be not a fool..risk is the tool

if risk is right..u never fright
    so what if wrong..no sad song
    it's but a part..of wheel on cart
    for to go round..must stay on ground

but know you this..will end in bliss
    if trade it be..willy nilly
    to risk without..a valid shout
    one thing is sure..it's gambling pure

so think of art..and wheel on cart
    the 3 wise men..with gold a plen
    to pick up gold..you must be bold
    but only when..chart used with pen!

J_S

#21     May 14, 2016
  2. J_Smith

J_Smith

what some do find..and not stay blind
    is open wide..and interest slide
    what can revoke..and is no joke
    is how it weigh..and some say sway

it is an art..same as the chart
    but worth the time..if you want dime
    to know if true..just look for you
    and when it end..take pic of spend

most will look..and think of book
    but keep it pure..as numbers lure
    just use your eye..to see the why
    it's rare the scales..tip towards the sales

as with all be..no guarantee
    but that is life..so full of strife
    it is but tool..so you not fool
    as best to see..the big money!

J_S

#22     May 14, 2016
  3. And lets Use an accumultion SP chart as well , add the dividends and the buy and hold probably smashes that " system" . add the div and compound it .... PASS on that piece of shit

http://www.multpl.com/s-p-500-dividend/table

#23     May 14, 2016
  4. A very rudimentary Trend filter would improve that strategy out of sight i would imagine but all you are trying to do is build a indy car out of a pontiac aztek . So much better to just start from chassis up and build from scratch , Throw that shit straight in bin and start fresh ScreenShot334.jpg

#24     May 14, 2016
  5. this is pretty well random shit but this basic trend filter kept you out of all but around 100 days of GFC high to low and i'd be willing to bet the days it put you back in were profitable as a whole , this should be the basis of a long term daily strategy not some basic numpty bin worthy BS ScreenShot335.jpg .... enjoy and no need to thank me )))

#25     May 14, 2016
  6. J_Smith

J_Smith

6..9..12..27..29..32..(38)

Just because the above numbers won the lotto (maybe they did, just an example) does not mean they are going to come up again within a certain time period.

If you join a syndicate, and buy 1 million Euro worth of tickets, the odds then change.

Trading is no different, in that, the more you put the odds in your favor before risking your money, the more chance you have of winning.

The more times you trade, and learn what works best, the quicker you become at being able to identify low risk trades, which is the odds changer.

There is no rocket science involved, in fact, the simpler the better, which is exactly why so many waste so much time, and never get to see the low risk trades - too distracted by silly and ridiculous thoughts from listening to idiots and fools talk about things that "do not really matter" when it comes to identifying low risk trades.

It is always the trader's own fault, not "the stupid fukin market"!

J_S

#26     May 15, 2016
    K-Pia likes this.
  7. Simples

Simples

What happens if you double or triple the period? If it stops working, the algo is not stable. Next numbers will be different.. The more conditions you impose may filter out more bad signals, but may also further destabilize future returns.

Tried RSI yet? RSI(2) extremes can often be good entries with-trend.

Last edited: May 15, 2016
    #27     May 15, 2016
    K-Pia likes this.
  8. punisher

punisher

not here to punish anybody, though I must say that seeing some of your posts, well I'd say that perhaps you're in the wrong forum trying to hone on those poetry skills.

back to the topic at hand, anytime I see "beat the market", that's good for a bloomberg articles or hedge fund bull$hit for the masses.

there is a lot of money that can be extracted from the markets, but as trader to trader (me the aspiring one, you the "pro") please explain it to me, what point or value is there in comparing trading results on one time frame to some benchmark based on the other (longer that is) time frame?

or to put it simply, what part of "the market can not be beaten" you don't understand?

#28     May 15, 2016
  9. Sergio77

Sergio77

A crossover of 50 ma and 200 ma beats S&P 500 total return big time. Can you trade it? This is the question.

#29     May 15, 2016
  10. J_Smith

J_Smith

Exactly, spot on - one can trade based on the position of the earth in relation to the moon, and still make money once some basic rules are adhered to.

It is all relative!

Personally, I have no interest in holding anything for more than a few hours, or if trading very small size, like 300 shares max, then maybe a few days to a few weeks, but a month would be max, depending on charts of course.

I much prefer to try and make $200 to $300 for no more than a few hours work, and maybe even twice a day within the 2 hours, if the weather gets bad and interferes with my gardening.

Everyone is different, so, forget about everyone else, concentrate on what you know works best for you and just do it!

Talking about trading will never make you any money, as you have to buy/sell and sell/buy to accomplish that!

J_S

#30     May 15, 2016
    Simples and K-Pia like this.