Have you used dbphoenix's teachings to become a successful trader?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by FeetFirst, Feb 10, 2015.

1. The false prophets are among us. Ask for evidence of success, ask for successful students testimonies, seek out the truth by first finding proven market success then learn from there. Don't believe anything from the false profits---

surf

#491     Feb 25, 2015
    Ditch likes this.
  2. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

By all means, seek out marketsurfer's proven market success.

Start with his journal.

#492     Feb 25, 2015
  3. VPhantom

VPhantom

Beside the point, though; we were talking about ability to execute a plan without emotion, not the value of a plan. That's a whole other discussion to be had. :)

Aren't we zooming in on bucket shops though? Do you see for example the NASDAQ or CME as being just as "rigged against the retail trader" as an FX/CFD market maker from Belize? I always thought that the big exchanges were somewhat transparent. :(

This, I have a big problem with. You're implying that you somehow discovered the one and only Undeniable And Complete Truth. (Price Drivers™ I assume? Predicting hidden dark pool liquidity?) That you may be reticent to see the value in other people's models for the markets is understandable, we all need to trust our own first and foremost, but you're speaking of this "truth" as if it were almost divine and unquestionable, which leads us straight into that "prophet" territory you use derogatorily... If you're trying to scare people into doing their own homework that's very noble, but sometimes it sounds more like you're just out to discourage everyone you see here from ever attempting trading at all.

#493     Feb 25, 2015
  4. VPhantom

VPhantom

Do you mean the TopStepTrader combine in October 2012?

#494     Feb 25, 2015
  5. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Well, there's the "Surf Report". I'm sure he has others. I pay no attention to him so I really can't say. I know only that he's a dilletante.

#495     Feb 25, 2015
  6. VPhantom

VPhantom

Wow, even spell-check didn't know that one! Thanks for showing me a new word today. ;)

Edit: Ah, it seems to be "dilettante", which is why my spell check raised a warning. From the Italian/Latin verb for delight. Fascinating!

#496     Feb 25, 2015
  7. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Sorry, I was in a hurry :)

#497     Feb 25, 2015
  8. Not sure if auto-correct fail or Freudian slip.

#498     Feb 25, 2015
  9. VPhantom

VPhantom

Regardless of performance or method (I just know it's "not Gann anymore" in 2011), what I did notice in a cursory glance there, is that he's received his own share of guru (or "false profit") name calling as well, with one third party defender being immediately called a "worshiper". Like others (i.e. you), he wasn't appointing himself into an authority figure, he was just perceived as one just for having a journal which gathered significant attention. Seems to be a more common situation than I thought...

#499     Feb 25, 2015
  10. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

No, I'm not an authority figure. At best I'm a translator.

However, I did call the top and bottom today within two ticks (though we have 20m to go) purely as a result of understanding and knowing how to apply AMT. Those who want to continue to believe that it's all nonsense are welcome to do so. What difference, after all, does it matter to me?

#500     Feb 25, 2015
    fortydraws likes this.