Has anyone traded the new DAX e-mini futures contract?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Trader13, Nov 30, 2015.

1. tommo

tommo

Iv started trading it a bit.. volume isnt bad to be honest considering how long its been going and its obviously arbed with the full dax contract so probably more liquidity there than whats in the book

#11     Dec 1, 2015
    debitspread likes this.
  2. Trader13

Trader13

Has anyone traded these Eurex contracts using Interactive Brokers (IB) with a base currency of USD? Does it automatically perform the currency conversion between USD and Euros on entry & exit of the position?

#12     Dec 1, 2015
  3. Sig

Sig

My experience with Yen contracts is that the conversion happens on entry, but you end up with the native currency when you're done and have to manually convert it back using their "retail" currency conversion feature. In this case you'd end up with a pile of Euro's after you exited. Its always good to test this out on one of their paper trading accounts, in my experience it accurately replicates the real thing.

#13     Dec 1, 2015
  4. Trader13

Trader13

Thanks, Sig. I also found this hour-long video that walks through all the nuances of these transactions:

#14     Dec 1, 2015
  5. DDR

DDR

Anyone not use to trading the DAX full or mini contracts would do well to paper trade it first.
    It can rip you a new asshole in one session or one candle !!!!!!!!!!!
    In saying that when you get it right after all the fking fake outs you can win.
    In my opinion its all about "spotting" high momentum and getting on board sometimes T/A means nothing.
    Interested to hear anyone's experience with this little monster.

#15     Dec 2, 2015
  6. alphagad

alphagad

Minimum tick is one point in the mini, the spread there is usually two-three ticks = 2-3 points!
    Vs the big DAX where it's two ticks= 1 point.

That's a huge difference. Also, you can usually tell the liquidity of a market by opening a 10-sec chart. Compare the two and see the difference.

With that said, as this gains traction it will be of tremendous help to smaller players who can use it to better fine tune their sizing.

#16     Dec 5, 2015