Guidance needed on latest software

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by AnnaG, Nov 13, 2014.

1. Sergio77

Sergio77

Actually this is what I did: tried to help. Why do you think that looking at charts can make any money. My grandma can look at charts. If you think you can make money with charts, then you have an ago problem. All chart traders I know have gone bust. To trade you need a good algo. So because this is not "a place for rampant and misguided egos to spout off" let us stop doing that and claim that someone can look at charts and outsmart other traders. Everyone is looking at the same charts. Do you get the point? Get something like Amibroker and try to find a good algo.

#11     Nov 21, 2014
  2. AnnaG

AnnaG

Who said we're looking at charts?

You can write 'algo' on spreadsheets - it used to be called programming for those who were there at the beginning.

You seem quick to jump to conclusions.

In any case, you may find after running your 'algo' for a while you will begin to notice the patterns, and then devise rules of thumb which embed in your psyche.

When you see a master carpenter at work, how often do you see a calculator?

#12     Nov 24, 2014
    tom2 likes this.
  3. AnnaG

AnnaG

And can you see that your 'algo' is properly identifying your precise switching points - can you see each part of your code unfold in front of you or is it hidden?

Basically, I'm not interested in anything which doesn't beat the INDE benchmark for transparency.

#13     Nov 24, 2014
  4. Sergio77

Sergio77

Good, algo trading is cool.

#14     Nov 24, 2014
  5. AnnaG

AnnaG

As long as your algo seeks to follow rather than to predict then you'll be ok.

If you seek to predict, to be a prophet of profits, then you'll find some very deep wavelengths coming your way which will not be to your liking.

You then have to ask, is it a coincidence that our paths are crossing.

Was your grandma a wise woman?

#15     Nov 25, 2014
    tom2 likes this.