Gotta love ZERO RISK in the SP500 = $$$

Discussion in 'Trading' started by makloda, Jan 27, 2007.

1. At Kroger in Dallas Tx, one dozen eggs $2.99...25 cents per egg. Grains prices look set to explode higher. We all know what cattle prices have done....sky high.

But no worries we will just omit food and energy from the equation. Lets focus on washing machines, and hair dryers, that's much more important then something one might use on a daily basis. How can a product that's used daily be factored into the CPI, that's just to close to reality.

#7411     Jul 2, 2015
  2. On second thought now that energy is falling lets add that back into the equation.

#7412     Jul 2, 2015
  3. Listen people, don't worry about the coming food inflation, falling gas prices will offset that. My suggestion is start a container garden, grow lettuce, cucumbers, peppers, squash. green beans. Get a couple of laying hens and presto problem solved. Instead of that new York strip steak, have a hand full of almonds.

#7413     Jul 2, 2015
  4. S2007S

S2007S

of course lets take out food and energy because they don't count, Why should they count, its what humans need on a daily basis but push those numbers aside because everyone knows there is no inflation....:rolleyes:

I go out at least 1-2 times a week and look at prices of goods, all I know is that prices are sky fucking high....and the sad part is that consumers are dumb enough to pay the prices, I usually shop sales and wait for prices to come down, but I notice a simple bag of 8OZ chips is $3.69. Tide Detergent $10 for 75OZ, Cereals are $4-$5 a box, Whole grain breads $4-5 a loaf, bounty 8pk of paper towels $16 the list goes on and on, see how much it cost to renovate a house or bathroom, for a guy to just come service a dishwasher or any appliance is $125 and thats without parts, thats just to look at it....when they say no inflation they are lying.

#7414     Jul 2, 2015
  5. S2007S

S2007S

Traders now betting Fed to wait until 2016 for first rate hike
    52 Mins AgoReuters

HAHAHAHAHAHAH whats this?????
    My prediction of no interest rate hikes in 2015 is still right....now predictions are for 2016, fucking idiot fools, just as I said they can't raise rates because they know how worthless and weak this economy is....Im telling you every single time it gets closer they push it out further, and when January comes they will say end of first quarter and so on, as I said interest rates aren't going anywhere, once Chinas bubble bursts and GDP is under 5% and falling and they are lowering rates the US will say with China slowing and the rest of the world on edge of a recession we will keep rates at historical lows.....way to go, they will be so far behind the curve the markets will have to dictate the move higher which will happen without the fed making that decision, it will be the market that makes the decision automatically, fed is so backed up into the corner they have no clue whats coming.

U.S. short-term interest-rate futures contracts rose on Thursday as a weaker than expected government report on jobs prompted traders to put on bets the Federal Reserve will wait to raise interest rates until next year.

Futures contracts show that traders now see January as the first Fed meeting when a rate hike is more likely than not, based on CME FedWatch, which tracks expectations using its Fed funds futures contracts.

Traders see just a 49 percent chance of a December rate hike, down from 57 percent just before the report was published. The report showed a drop in the U.S. unemployment rate to 5.3 percent which reflected an exit of workers from the labor force rather than a strengthening of the jobs market.

The Fed has kept short-term rates near zero since December 2008.

#7415     Jul 2, 2015
  6. S2007S

S2007S

even art cashin thinks no rate hikes in 2015 as well and I hardly even agree with his opinions.

Art Cashin, UBS' director of floor operations at the NYSE, reiterated his call that the Fed would not raise rates this year after the jobs report, citing the drop in labor force participation rate in June, weakness overseas, and the warnings from the World Bank and International Monetary Fund that a 2015 rate hike may be ill-advised.

#7416     Jul 2, 2015
  7. Max E.

Max E.

This sell off today from the highs was fairly predictable, whose going to want to hold poisitons long going into the long weekend after what just happened last weekend, people would rather just relax and enjoy their summer.

#7417     Jul 2, 2015
  8. romik

romik

Max E Pad, I disagree, firms aren't going to close their multi million/billion portfolios just because of Greece, level of hedging though has increased according to Reuters.

#7418     Jul 2, 2015
  9. S2007S

S2007S

XIV VXX UVXY TVIX all moving very heavy today, I bought some XIV on the sell off around $40.60 area, figure I would buy in again and protect my short positions in case Sunday night futures start surging on greece bailout plans...

#7419     Jul 2, 2015
  10. Max E.

Max E.

Maybe not, but anyone who was desperate to sell, was going to sell today, where as buyers are in no hurry right now. From a pure liquidity standpoint anyone anxious to get out is getting out today, and no one is in a hurrry to buy, i shorted the ES and rode it most of the day but then got bored, and dumped about a half an hour ago so i could start breaking out the vodka.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2015
    #7420     Jul 2, 2015