Gotta love ZERO RISK in the SP500 = $$$

Discussion in 'Trading' started by makloda, Jan 27, 2007.

1. schizo

schizo

Why are people pretending we're still in an uptrend? Or am I the only crazy one here?

upload_2024-5-1_21-29-5.png

#26461     May 2, 2024
    nitrene, comagnum and Picaso like this.
  2. Picaso

Picaso

I guess it depends on your timeframe (and instrument), but I'd say we're in a short term correction or a downtrend, depending on your optics.

Either way the beauty is people disagree, otherwise who would take the other side of any trade?

#26462     May 2, 2024
    schizo likes this.
  3. It's cause of the way this thing pumps so easily. The ability to always gap up so easily, to always hold of a key support line and just rip. Then you look up and realize that little damage has occurred and the market still remains one good rip away from being right back to ATH.

Also the ability for drops to just get eaten up by V-shape recoveries. And finally how often has the market gone from looking like it would actually drop to ripping right back faster than you would believe.

#26463     May 2, 2024
    schizo likes this.
  4. nitrene

nitrene

QQQ_30min_20240502.JPG

I think the real issue is most investors aren't used to holding fixed income so they are antsy to get back in the market. That is the sentiment that @v-shape-ODTE embodies correctly. The charts say to sell and that is the tug of war currently. Even short term charts like the 30 min or 2 hr charts look weak.

#26464     May 2, 2024
    schizo likes this.

5. If you're an investor, you got a potential monster return coming.

#26465     May 2, 2024
    Picaso likes this.
  6. hajimow

hajimow

Seriously oil has dropped and if it drops, inflation will go down as well.

#26466     May 2, 2024
  7. That may be the case, but if it becomes a substantial and continual decline in oil generally the economy follows.

#26467     May 2, 2024
  8. hajimow

hajimow

Fed might raise interest and market might go up. The reason -> investors are happy with the resilience of the economy and believe the economy can tolerate sustained high interest rate for a longer than anticipated.
    Feb might reduce the rate and market might go down. The reason -> Invesrors are afraid that while the rate is reduced, there is a poissibility of a recession.....
    Conclusion: Market is not linear and more complex and that is why many people lose money.

#26468     May 2, 2024
    Picaso likes this.
  9. Yeah we still are. What a pump today. I’m telling you it’s near impossible to bring this market down. It always gets the bounce. You can say goodbye to this fake downtrend.

#26469     May 2, 2024
  10. Your correct. There are reasons though. Its not just Pumping. In the current environment of inflation, companies can gouge consumers drastically on prices, fees, charges. The larger and better positioned companies are...the more they can gouge. This translates into very good earnings. Sometimes amazing earnings.

But how long can this last? How long can large corporations drastically gouge consumers? Probably a very longtime because most of the main buyers in the west are old boomers whom have accumulated large life earnings and real estate. Corporations are in the process of harvesting this accumulated wealth. In this situation, corp pass on high interest rates to consumers.

However, The Govt is not in such a great position. Govt finances are very very costly. Printing becomes massive. If we see a huge reduction in overall Govt...we could be moving into a sweet spot.

#26470     May 2, 2024