GOP Lawmaker Blames ‘Diversity’ for Bridge Collapse

Discussion in 'Politics' started by exGOPer, Mar 26, 2024.

1. exGOPer

exGOPer

Utah lawmaker Phil Lyman (R), who is running for governor, quickly used Baltimore’s Francis Scott Key Bridge collapse to boost his gubernatorial campaign by blaming the accident on efforts to make workplaces more diverse, the Salt Lake Tribune reports.

Said Lyman: “This is what happens when you have Governors who prioritize diversity over the wellbeing [sic] and security of citizens.”

2. notagain

notagain

Might be unconventional warfare, could be the ship's autopilot was hacked? Will take 3 years to rebuild.

3. exGOPer

exGOPer

The container ship is owned by Grace Ocean Pte Ltd of Singapore - where gay marriage is illegal and casual racism is common. Typical DEI example!

Frederick Foresight and Ricter like this.

4. Just $3m was needed to add structural protection, but we all know they would rather spend that money on LGBT flags.

Engineers blame $3m structural 'flaw' for Baltimore's Francis Scott Key bridge collapsing

• No bridge can withstand millions of pound of force from a strike, engineers say
    • But there are structures that can protect a bridge from being struck by a ship
    • But none of these appeared to be in place

Last edited: Mar 27, 2024

5. [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 27, 2024
    GreatCamel likes this.
  7. Ricter

Ricter

Likely hit by the Jewish space laser.
    :)

8. vanzandt

vanzandt

You'll post anything to sound stupid won't you?

Meanwhile... Biden comes out with this:

President Joe Biden said Tuesday he expects Congress to fully cover the cost of rebuilding the Francis Scott Key Bridge in Baltimore, which collapsed overnight after it was rammed by a massive cargo ship.

“It is my intention that the federal government will pay for the entire cost of reconstructing that bridge, and I expect the Congress to support my effort,” Biden said in brief remarks at the White House before departing for a campaign event in North Carolina.

So lets make the American taxpayers pay for this with money we don't have, instead of going after the deep pockets of the 3rd largest shipping management company in the world. I mean what's a few billion here and there? It's a rounding error right? You go Joe. Spend that money.

Deep pockets--> https://www.synergymarinegroup.com/

smallfil likes this.
  9. vanzandt

vanzandt

Maybe that Utah guy was right. Now we know why the American taxpayers are on the hook. You can't sue these guys. :p

Diversity and Inclusion
    [​IMG]
    As an organization aspiring to excellence, issues related to diversity are a high priority at Synergy. We realize that the benefits of diversity are best achieved by fostering greater inclusion and belonging. We will continue to attract, hire, and retain a diverse workforce because that is a key source of good ideas, and talented applicants will be drawn to work with us. But hiring for diversity alone is not enough. We want to ensure that our employees can bring their full selves to work – that they can belong in the fullest sense to the community inside the organization.

At Synergy we want a workplace that is truly characterized by inclusion and belonging. Diversity for us is more about the variety of our thoughts as a team. Although diversity can be created through deliberate hiring practices, inclusion may not automatically follow. We want our entire workforce to appreciate and show sensitivity to the cultural, and any other, differences that exist in our teams, as well as among the people we interact with in our daily business. We strive to create an environment where everyone feels they belong.

WELL THE AMERICAN TAXPAYERS WANT YOUR COMPANY TO HIRE PEOPLE THAT DON'T SMASH INTO OUR BRIDGES

10. exGOPer

exGOPer

So Republicans say something stupid and it's my fault.

I see that trolling is your full time job, so be it, Do on other threads. Bye bye.

#10     Mar 27, 2024